GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 13:26
Regular
"A FF Fan - Forever!"
I got my copy of the game at the weekend, and haven't stopped playing it since...
I really like this game, it's stangely addictive. The environments are just beautiful, and I definately like the change in combat system it reminds me of the Mana games(SNES+Gameboy Advance). I am glad that FF has come back to nintendo!
I haven't really had much challenge as far as the Bosses go yet, but I have only just done Tida Village.
So what do you think about FFCC? And are you glad FF has finally returned to Nintendo?
Tue 30/03/04 at 15:37
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I've played it about twice since it came out, the lack of any real story ruins it for me. I'll pick it up again someday though, I mean something goods got to happen after the third year right? If the whole game is more or less what it is now I'm selling it on.
Tue 30/03/04 at 08:05
"The Will of D."
Or put 2 of the same elemental spells together to get the 2nd class spells fira, blizzara, and thundara. To get holy which is useful against ghosts and mostly all creatures you combine an elemental with life (life must be Under the elemental magic otherwise you get slow instead) which isn't that useful to me.
Mon 29/03/04 at 22:53
Regular
"Balls"
tphi wrote:
> Hmm.. what about the Fire/Blizzard spells.. do I never get to use (in
> single-player) anything more beastly than them?

combine 3 bilzzard spells and you can use blizzaga level 3 magic, same ith thunder and fire
Mon 29/03/04 at 22:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Hmm.. what about the Fire/Blizzard spells.. do I never get to use (in single-player) anything more beastly than them?
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
tphi wrote:
> I'm finding it pretty dull.. I'm on the third year right now and I am
> playing on my own, but even so.. it's all just so repetitive. It
> looks great, but that one factor can't keep me playing. And the music
> is so gratingly awful.. especially the world map.
>
> When do I get more powerful magic? When do I get some proper puzzles
> in dungeons instead of just hacking and slashing my way through? When
> does a proper storyline begin?

your now on year three and you will start hearing alot more about the black night and the boy that left your village years ago! im not saying anymore! when you play with two players you can combine magic easier and get spells over than gravity. If you got to the jegon river you can get the boat to the other world where there are some much better levels. There are also some more magic based puzzles appeaing like using fire to burn vegetation to access different areas. To be honest it isnt half as much fun in single player becuase you dont progress as quickly and there arnt more sets of parents to trade with.
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:28
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I'm finding it pretty dull.. I'm on the third year right now and I am playing on my own, but even so.. it's all just so repetitive. It looks great, but that one factor can't keep me playing. And the music is so gratingly awful.. especially the world map.

When do I get more powerful magic? When do I get some proper puzzles in dungeons instead of just hacking and slashing my way through? When does a proper storyline begin?
Mon 29/03/04 at 20:04
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
me and my mate both had GBAs but we didnt have link cables. fortunately we got one with the game and u can pick up a non official one for 4 or 5 quid! brilliant value. when me and my mate first started it got boring quite quickly and we thought there was only four areas on the world map!

However we are now in our fourth year and the game is really heating up! weve discovered some new areas complteted certain levels more than once and the story has developed a little more. The plot is now a little thicker, our focus attacks have become stronger and weve learnt how to pull off great magic combos.

beleive me, the game dosnt feel like much when you first start but if youve got one mate with a GBA and you play it for a while youll become hooked.

best co-op on the GC at the moment! thumbs up for square and ninty...
Mon 29/03/04 at 08:02
"The Will of D."
If your still on the 1s year i suggest not going through the miasma stream to the vale of alfataria until the 2nd year. The best place would be the cathurges mine in the top right part of the ironmine downs just before the maisma stream.
Fri 26/03/04 at 22:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I've forgotten which element it is, but it tells you when you approach the miasma stream thing on the world map. When you know which one you need, go to one of the dungeons on the map (don't actually go in it) you should get a menu up, one of the options will be "Change your element to Earth/Water/Wind etc." and you can change it to the element you need. Hope that helped.
Fri 26/03/04 at 19:00
Regular
".:~*Becca*~:."
I'm stuck please help! I've just beat the Boss in the Mushroom Forest. Now I can't get past the Miamsa River. (SP?) What element do you need to get past it, and how do you get it!?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.