GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 13:26
Regular
"A FF Fan - Forever!"
I got my copy of the game at the weekend, and haven't stopped playing it since...
I really like this game, it's stangely addictive. The environments are just beautiful, and I definately like the change in combat system it reminds me of the Mana games(SNES+Gameboy Advance). I am glad that FF has come back to nintendo!
I haven't really had much challenge as far as the Bosses go yet, but I have only just done Tida Village.
So what do you think about FFCC? And are you glad FF has finally returned to Nintendo?
Mon 05/04/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Well when i first started the game in river belle path with my mate in
> multiplayer everything was going quite well until we came to the boss
> as he kept on killing us, and since it was the first time we ever
> played the game it was a bit then, after about 10 tries we eventually
> did it.
>
> When the Goblin King glows yellow that's his ultima and self destruct
> move, if any of you manage to survive the devastating attack then
> after a few seconds of not attack the boss he will die anyway. The
> first time me and my mate defeated him we managed to kill him while
> he was glowing yellow, and just before he blew up and probably would
> have taken both of our lives with it.
>
> Oh and i play as a Yuke (Black Mage), which I think are the best
> there is I always whenever i play with my mate carry both life and
> cure around with me, but if we find a cure magicite lying around then
> my friend can have it as i already have the Cure Ring, but I also
> have to pick up the life ball as my friend although he's got almost
> great stats (mine are still way better) he only has 5 hearts compared
> to my 7, so i am the one who revives him if he didn't put a pheonix
> down in his command slots.
>
> Also I have the legendary weapon which is the strongest there is with
> a 35 power rating, I will tell you how to get one, or 3 of them ech
> for your mates, but it'll will take a while and it involves going to
> some 3rd cycle levels which I think you are not ready for quite yet.

yeah that would be good. My amte now has a legendary weapon as we recieved a design for it as a bonus and the material for it as a bonus. We just watched as the black night died and we are preparing now to journey to the desert.

its easily the best cooperative game on gamecube and i would go to the extent of saying its the best multiplayer aswell.
Mon 05/04/04 at 11:30
Regular
I've done the first year... 3 levels isn't it? Maybe it was four.

I refuse to play it on my own, only me and Ian play it together.

I tell you all these GBA-GC connection games rule.
Mon 05/04/04 at 11:27
"The Will of D."
Well when i first started the game in river belle path with my mate in multiplayer everything was going quite well until we came to the boss as he kept on killing us, and since it was the first time we ever played the game it was a bit then, after about 10 tries we eventually did it.

When the Goblin King glows yellow that's his ultima and self destruct move, if any of you manage to survive the devastating attack then after a few seconds of not attack the boss he will die anyway. The first time me and my mate defeated him we managed to kill him while he was glowing yellow, and just before he blew up and probably would have taken both of our lives with it.

Oh and i play as a Yuke (Black Mage), which I think are the best there is I always whenever i play with my mate carry both life and cure around with me, but if we find a cure magicite lying around then my friend can have it as i already have the Cure Ring, but I also have to pick up the life ball as my friend although he's got almost great stats (mine are still way better) he only has 5 hearts compared to my 7, so i am the one who revives him if he didn't put a pheonix down in his command slots.

Also I have the legendary weapon which is the strongest there is with a 35 power rating, I will tell you how to get one, or 3 of them ech for your mates, but it'll will take a while and it involves going to some 3rd cycle levels which I think you are not ready for quite yet.
Mon 05/04/04 at 01:26
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
Today I experianced one of the best gaming moments I have ever had on my Gamecube, possibally in my entire gaming life!

Me, My bro and my mate began the 5th year on FF:CC. The game gets harder the further you get in to it and aswell as this there are alot more enemies depending on how mnay players are playing. We were in Cathurigis cave and had spent ages trying to work our way to the boss at the end. It had taken us ages and we had used most of our food. I was a Clavat with a masters weapon, my brother was a Yuke with a warriors weapon and cure and my mate was a lilties with a masters weapon and life. We had no pheonix downs left and had eventually reached the boss after 45 minutes of battleing through the dungeon!

The boss was a large goblin and four medium sized goblins are frequently spawned around him. The areana was a squarish shape with no obstacles. We must have thought the boss 25 times with no success as it was impossible for us to get an attack in without his goblin minnions getting in the way and killing us. My brother had been assigned the role of healing both me and my mate as Yukes are the best with magic, howvere he just couldnt heal us both without beging attacked himself.

So our 26th attempt started and we were in hysterics by this sateg as there really was no hope at all of beating the boss. My brother ran to the back of the arena with teh chalice and without realising me and my mate managed to form a barrier infront of him, protecting him form the minions. He healed us whilst we rapidly slashed at them. we managed to kill them all and couldant believe it! we then started slashing at the main boss wilst he swang for us with is hammer. I was knocked out by one swing and my mate rapidly needed curing! my brother managed to cure him just as a minion ran towards him. He then dodged it and used life to respawn me! I was now alive and kicking and began slashing at the Boss again who was now down to a quater health! however as my brother tried to cure me he was killed by the minions. I was then suddenly killed by the main boss and my mates health was on just a half a heart! however some how he managed to avoid four swiping minions and the bosses hammer and use life on my brother who awoke just in time to quickly cure my mate! my mate then weaved in and out of the minions and revived me! My brother was once again under attack so we rushed over and created a barrier. He cured us bot hand we then carried on slashing at the boss! His health was now down to half way and we couldnt beleive we had got this far! Then something weird started to happen. The boss started to glow yellow! we kept slashing right next to him and my brother who was trying to heal us coudlnt see us because of the glow! I yelled at him just to stick his circle under the bosses feet and hope that were there! More minions were respawning and my brother was then killed again. Our health was now incredibly low as both the minions and the Boss slashed at us. However a blinding flash then lit up the screen as the boss exploded! When the screens colour returned to normal, all the minions ahd been destroyed and the boss was still alive but was now a dark brown figure remaining still in the arena! We couldnt beleive our luck! With one final focus attack from each of us we finished him off and completed the level!!

The sense of acheivement was fanominal!! We were all now standing right in front of the Tv in my bedroom with our GBAS in hand. AS the dungeon end cut scene rolled on we yelled as if someone had scored at a footie match! We felt like a team sent by god! after such a long and tiresome couple of hours trying to do an unhopeable task, we had overcome the odds and defeated what we thought was an undeafeatable boss!

That was without a doubt one of the best moments i have ever experianced on my gamecube to date and I had never felt so good after playing a game! dont spose anyone else has come across a moment that good on FF:CC yet? if so please share all as i would pleased to hear another triumphant story!
Wed 31/03/04 at 17:13
"The Will of D."
You might be able to get to veo lu sluice during the 3rd year whether you have the right element to get through the maisma stream left of alfataria, it's very useful for the next few levels to have a magicite already equipped.
Wed 31/03/04 at 14:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Muh.. A whole year to go until I get them then. Haven't played it for about a week actually. Must go back to it soon. But only because it cost me £30 and I want my money's worth.
Wed 31/03/04 at 08:07
"The Will of D."
tphi wrote:
> Rings, eh? Could bring much needed life into the game. I'm still
> beginning of Year 3, when do these rings appear?

Blizzard ring can be found in veo lu sluice by beating a bird creature at furthest part of level, then selecting as bonus.

Fire Ring can be found at Mount Kilanda during 5th year when you can travel on boat further than just to the other side of the jegon river west bank (choose as bonus after beating the boss).

Thunder ring, also after 4th year, in Selaption Cave (must find in chest and then choose as bonus)

Cure Ring and life ring in Conall Curach swamp. Cure is easy bonus, life you have to have over 302 bonus points to get it as bonus.

So you may have to wait til 4th or 5th year to get them. If you like blizzard a suggest you get that first as it's the easiet, and cure is a very useful essential for healing before you get the cure magicite.
Tue 30/03/04 at 23:57
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rings, eh? Could bring much needed life into the game. I'm still beginning of Year 3, when do these rings appear?
Tue 30/03/04 at 18:41
"The Will of D."
tphi wrote:
> Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Or put 2 of the same elemental spells together to get the 2nd class
> spells fira, blizzara, and thundara.
>
> Heh, the dungeons are so short I barely get one of each spell, let
> alone two.

Once you get the blizzard, thunder, cure, life and fire rings you will find that you will be able to get a lot more fusions in the levels quicker. Cure ring is especially handy in levels that don't give you the cure magicite straight away.
Tue 30/03/04 at 16:44
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Psyİho Fox wrote:
> Or put 2 of the same elemental spells together to get the 2nd class
> spells fira, blizzara, and thundara.

Heh, the dungeons are so short I barely get one of each spell, let alone two.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.