GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 13:26
Regular
"A FF Fan - Forever!"
I got my copy of the game at the weekend, and haven't stopped playing it since...
I really like this game, it's stangely addictive. The environments are just beautiful, and I definately like the change in combat system it reminds me of the Mana games(SNES+Gameboy Advance). I am glad that FF has come back to nintendo!
I haven't really had much challenge as far as the Bosses go yet, but I have only just done Tida Village.
So what do you think about FFCC? And are you glad FF has finally returned to Nintendo?
Thu 25/03/04 at 12:16
Regular
Hey - have you folks seen this?

[URL] http://www.yourfinalfantasy.com [/URL]
Thu 25/03/04 at 12:16
Regular
Hey - have you folks seen this?

[URL] http://www.yourfinalfantasy.com [/URL]

sorry dp
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:36
"The Will of D."
During single mode you can use either a normal controller or gba, the controller is as standard, but if you use that and have a gba in second slot or use that as main then you will get a map of the dungeon you are going through, if you have more than one gba's on single you can also get a location of all monsters within a perimeter around you, and another is the treasure map within the perimeter, and a fourth i can't remember. But you only get a certain one depending on how many gba's extra you put into the slots during single.

In multi you have the same, but if you only have 2 GBA's you only get either the monster map or the actual location map of anywhere you go.

Also you can still play on your multi or single player game in either modes, but you need to create at least 2 characters on each to make that happen. Eg you have gotten to year 4 on single, you create a second character and you add your friend to the fray to continue on year 4 instead of having to continue a particular multiplayer game.
Sat 20/03/04 at 23:05
"Majestic"
Sat 20/03/04 at 22:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
DiscoDexy wrote:
> Is this game worth the money purely for single player?
Depends. I like RPGs, and I think this is good, but it's not completely my cup of tea. Still good though, and it looks a-mazing.

> And can you have muliplayer with one cube controller, and one GBA.
No. Multiplayer mode means whether you have 2, 3 or 4 people playing, you need GBAs for everyone.

> I am assuming you can play the single player without a GBA?
Yep, you can use a controller, but you can also use a GBA if you so wish.
Sat 20/03/04 at 21:48
"Majestic"
Is this game worth the money purely for single player?
And can you have muliplayer with one cube controller, and one GBA.

I am assuming you can play the single player without a GBA?
Sat 20/03/04 at 15:04
Regular
"8==="
Sorry, Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2.
Sat 20/03/04 at 14:51
"The Will of D."
Can you expand that a bit more please, i don't know what game that is.
Sat 20/03/04 at 14:19
Regular
"8==="
Apart from the chalice carrying bit all those elements are in BG:DA2.
Sat 20/03/04 at 14:15
"The Will of D."
Only if you decde to not do anything new and repeat all of the first levels as they progress to be harder than the time before, but this game has many many levels that can be repeated 3 times each without being exactly the same as last time, until you have repeated them all 3 times.

The only reason that one person can become stronger than others in multiplayer is that some dungeon bonuses which are counted from the very beginnging of the level (eg don't use physical attacks) the person at the end who earned the most points gets to choose his artefact first before the other person, and so one can pick the strongest artfact and leave the oter person with the weakest.
Also in the boss battle depending on the set bonus in the dungeon if one person has to carry the chalice thoughout the battle to help the strongest guy defeat the boss on his own then surely that person would get a lot more points if say the bonus was "Use magic only".

Also some person can seriously up their attack strentgh or defence by forging weapons, and the only way to do that is to get the right materials and money, and if you are not sharing your money or items with your partner then he won't get all the great forgery items as you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.