GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do you like Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles'.
Wed 17/03/04 at 13:26
Regular
"A FF Fan - Forever!"
I got my copy of the game at the weekend, and haven't stopped playing it since...
I really like this game, it's stangely addictive. The environments are just beautiful, and I definately like the change in combat system it reminds me of the Mana games(SNES+Gameboy Advance). I am glad that FF has come back to nintendo!
I haven't really had much challenge as far as the Bosses go yet, but I have only just done Tida Village.
So what do you think about FFCC? And are you glad FF has finally returned to Nintendo?
Fri 19/03/04 at 18:57
Regular
"8==="
It does, but whilst being polite about the game in this thread, I also believe that Chronicles would also become tiresome quickly.
Fri 19/03/04 at 18:54
Regular
You make a good point.

The only failing in your logic is that PSO gets mind-numbingly boring after a week. Shame really.
Fri 19/03/04 at 16:43
Regular
"8==="
Morbo wrote:
> my character in multiplayer is much stronger than my mates, as i have
> played as my chacter in single and gone through a preious level
> defeated the boss and got to choose an artifact to up my stats.

Sounds like PSO, except with PSO I can get 4 player splitscreen + online gaming without needing to put a collection of GBA's anywhere near it.
Fri 19/03/04 at 12:53
Regular
"Balls"
my character in multiplayer is much stronger than my mates, as i have played as my chacter in single and gone through a preious level defeated the boss and got to choose an artifact to up my stats.
Fri 19/03/04 at 12:49
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR why have you been warned?

Levelling up wouldn't work in Crystal Chronicles... they guy who holds the challace the most for example would be weaker etc...

Your characters have individual targets and special abilities and you raise various health, what you can hold, magic etc...

Also random battles would be annoying in multiplayer as would turn based as it would damage the feel of it all... You don't wanna play a game that annoys the group.
Fri 19/03/04 at 08:10
"The Will of D."
In the game one character has to hold the crystal chalice for the rest of the tam, that in ultiplayer is annoying coz if you get hit you drop it, but in single a mog who is invincible holds it for you and sometimes when not holding it attacks with your focus attqacks.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:47
Regular
That's the point.

Turn based battling can only work in certain game design structures, such as Skies. Having random, turn based battles without levelling up would feel utterly pointless and dull, which is why real time and non-random battles in Crystal Chronicles is most likely the best option.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:40
Regular
That doesn't stop Skies of Arcadia from being one of the best RPG's ever produced. Turn based works well when its implemented properly and the levelling up system in Skies was damn near perfect.
Thu 18/03/04 at 23:39
Regular
Exactly.
Thu 18/03/04 at 21:42
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:
> Turn based without levelling up would have been a drastic mistake.

Turned based batteling in a fast paced Multiplayer game would be drastically wrong. It wouldn't work and it would get boring.

There is also no random battles which is also a God's send.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.