GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:21
Regular
Well, you can at least try?
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
i know but i setting it up first so if the test connection isn't working then obviously the actual thing for the game won't be either
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:16
Regular
You don't have to log in to CS to play online.
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:50
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
you know when you first put the network disc in to setup your online configuration and then go on to log in at central station. every time i set it up and test my connection i just get the one red dot
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:49
Regular
You should try re-registering your online account then.

And what do you mean exactly when you say you can't get it to connect?
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
blueyonder, can't be my connection because i can connect to the internet fine and i using the same cables for it
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:45
Regular
It's definitely to do with your internet connection then. Is it BT or ntl, because they've incorporated additional fees if you want to play on your Xbox or PS2 online, although apparently there are ways round it.
Thu 15/04/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Heh, well i went to register it today and apparently it seems i already did do it ages ago but obviously can't remember. So now i'm totally out of ideas on why it doesn't work
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Same network adapter and everything that's why i'm so confused on why it isn't working. I'm using same leads, same NA and same modem connection, the lights on both things are flashing indicating activity yet i can't get the thing to connect while i'm setting it up. I'll try the registration thing later on today and see what happens
Thu 15/04/04 at 11:14
Regular
The PS2 worked fine??

That really wouldn't be possible.

Anyway, since the last time you used it, are you using a different network adapter?

I really wouldn't be able to explain how you managed to get it to work without registering the MAC address, it isn't supposed to be possible, but you never know with Blueyonder, maybe they just had a problem with that part of the system in your area.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.