GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:09
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I can't it has consumed my soul, it is the best game ever made i tells yee. I need to get all my characters to at least level 7500.
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:04
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Bloody hell mate. LEAVE THE GAME ALONE! :P
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
I don't know but it happened a ton with my psx cards, never change them while saving or loading i think they were just shoddily made. The PS2 ones were different, this is the first time i've had one crash and it was a second hand one i bought so i'll let them off, however if it was the card with my 800 hours of gameplay on Disagea then i'd be petrol bombing Sony HQ
Wed 14/04/04 at 13:01
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
How do people's memory cards just "crash". Changing them whilst the game is loading, methinks...
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:54
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
AliBoy wrote:
> Did you set it up before hand with the central station disk?
>
> Did you check that the setup info is still saved on the memory card?

Well my memory card crashed a while ago so the data was wiped so i'm trying to setup a new one on the central station disk.

> Would try just taking the network adapter off the Ps2, making sure
> all seems ok and its clean and then connecting it up and trying
> again.

Already done that, thought crossed my mind that it was sitting in the corner gathering dust so i've given it a clean and blown around getting the dust out and still not working

>
> Also who is your ISP?

Blueyonder
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:21
Regular
"£77k - muahahahah"
Icaruss wrote:
> In which case the screen display contents wouldn't have done much
> good...
>
> And the instructions are written clearly in both the manual and the
> card with the temp ID registrations codes.

But I don't read the manuals, no point...
Wed 14/04/04 at 12:19
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Did you set it up before hand with the central station disk?

Did you check that the setup info is still saved on the memory card?

Would try just taking the network adapter off the Ps2, making sure all seems ok and its clean and then connecting it up and trying again.

Also who is your ISP?
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> and i think I'm the king of explosives. i don't know what it
> is, but i'm freakishly good at using explosive weaponry in any game.
> timesplitters, conflict desert storm, etc.
>
> don't have online though. shame.

I'm the king of claymores however everything else like grenades and flashbangs i do try and stay away from, in about 9 months of playing Socom i think i only got 3 kills with grenades and they were all lucky throws
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:38
Regular
"The Red Shift"
and i think I'm the king of explosives. i don't know what it is, but i'm freakishly good at using explosive weaponry in any game. timesplitters, conflict desert storm, etc.

don't have online though. shame.
Wed 14/04/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Clazon wrote:
> lalakersrule wrote:
> There's probably something damn obvious i'm missing
>
> a full stop
> :D
>
> sounds puzzling. the xbox is quite easy to set up but it costs.

Which is the exact reason it should be easy to set up, if i'm paying 50 quid a year to use that service it better be easy to use.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.