GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Wed 14/04/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Icaruss wrote:
> Can you log into the Central station thingy?

Nope but then i can never get on that thing when my connection actually works :-D
Wed 14/04/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Darwock wrote:
> Same NA and PS2 and everything? Because I gather PAL PS2s won't work
> with US NA's etc...

Oh yea it's the same PAL things and everything, the exact same equipment i used before i left which makes it even more puzzling on why the stupid thing won't connect up
Tue 13/04/04 at 17:08
Regular
": ("
I used to have my PS2 online but i've sold it now and i have a Xbox, its much easier to set up on Xbox.
Tue 13/04/04 at 16:04
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
I just sold my Network Adapter.
Tue 13/04/04 at 15:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Same NA and PS2 and everything? Because I gather PAL PS2s won't work with US NA's etc...
Tue 13/04/04 at 14:12
Regular
Can you log into the Central station thingy?
Tue 13/04/04 at 13:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
*stares blankly into space* ...ummmmm......yes?

But i know it works because i used to use this same method all the time before i left for Canada and now i come back and it's stopped? Annoying though because the modem light is flashing for activity and my network adapter lights are flashing too. Stupid thing
Tue 13/04/04 at 13:41
Regular
You have an ehternet wall socket at home?
Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.