GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:24
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Nope still not working, luckily for my NA my sledgehammer wasn't nearby. I'm going to try it tomorrow on my uncle's PS2 because i think there's something up with my PS2 because the connection seems fine. After that if it doesn't work god knows what i can do
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:13
Regular
Let me know how it goes :D
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
ok i'm off to try that (and probably be back in 5 minutes with it not working and a smashed network adapter in my hand)
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:55
Regular
Unplug the power, then plug it back in after a few seconds.
Fri 16/04/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bonus wrote:
> Have you reset the cable modem??
>
> It logs the currect MAC address when it is turned on.
>
> Turn the modem off for 5 seconds at least, then turn it back on at
> the power, connected to the PS2, it should work.

So i hook it up to the PS2 first and then do i hold the standby button on the modem for 5 secs or do i take the lead out completely powering the modem??
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:14
Regular
Thanks, I'm not sure if it's really worth it though for me; the only files that I might want to transfer are java source files so I can use them on both platforms; otherwise it's a case of different computers for different tasks.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:07
Regular
http://www.bacup.freeserve.co.uk/PS2/PS2GUIDE.htm

This webpage has all the info you need for getting the PS2 to fileshare through samba with a PC if they are on the same hub/router, or even connected directly using a cross over cable.

Some little issues you might get with command/service not found things, I just used locate to find the actual directory for some of these things though.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:03
Regular
Of course, third year is mostly coursework isn't it?

I guess I should be grateful, only three of our five modules are 25% coursework, yet they're still time consuming.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:01
Regular
Hmm, I don't think I can file share between my PS2 and PC; at the moment I'm just sending files via email, so the PS2 and PC are rather out of sync.
Fri 16/04/04 at 02:00
Regular
I've only got a maths exam and an open book java exam, the rest is all coursework asignments.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.