GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:59
Regular
Downloaded being the correct word because my PS2 is connected to the internet through a blueyonder connection, haha :D

So is my Xbox and my PC ;)

Sorry, shouldn't really be that evil at this time of night :D
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:59
Regular
Gah, six weeks; not long until exams then.

I still need to input the MAC address though before registering online though.
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:58
Regular
If you are in a uni hall then that explains it, somewhere you will be connected to a router, so your MAC address wont be an issue with an ISP.

As for the linux kit, all I have done so far is set up file sharing with my PC through a SAMBA server, and downloaded some demos other people have made.

Had a math coursework due on tomorrow, a java coursework due in a week on monday, a group project on the go, and an audio programming cswk to do, so the PS2 will have to wait another 6 weeks until i am on my sumer holiday :D
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:54
Regular
Yeah, I guess it's only common in uni halls, but I was wondering if they exist in normal homes. As you could imagine, it's extremely convenient, and the same cable can be used to connect the PS2 and PC online, though not simultaneously.

What have you done so far with your PS2 dev kit?
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:52
Regular
Straight to an RJ45 connecter on the wall??

Never seen it done like that before, so I really don't know.

If he has Blueyonder he will have a cable modem.

What ISP do you have?
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:50
Regular
I've always been curious with this, but why can I connect my PS2 and PC online without a modem, just a direct cable to the ethernet socket on the wall?
Fri 16/04/04 at 01:46
Regular
Have you reset the cable modem??

It logs the currect MAC address when it is turned on.

Turn the modem off for 5 seconds at least, then turn it back on at the power, connected to the PS2, it should work.
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
i'm going to try my NA on my uncle's PS2 over the weekend see what happens
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:24
Regular
Hmmm. Tried another network adaptor, maybe borrow a mate's?
Fri 16/04/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
already tried it, still nothing. Ah well just have to live without online

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.