GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bloody Network Adapter!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 13/04/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So there i am, back from Canada and bought Socom 2 ready for some nice online action of slaughtering innocent people from Slough and other such places and i go to hook up my internet connection and set everything up. Well do you think i can bloody do it? Nope, all i get is that stupid red dot and connection cannot be established. Fair enough i'd think if i was trying to set it up using a router or something but i'm using a direct connection supposedly the simplest bloody method. Yet as you can see when i hook back up my internet cable to my modem i can get on the net fine, i just can't seem to get my PS2 online. I'm using my old cable i used to use when i got online before so i have absolutely no clue on why it isn't working anymore.

Needless to say i'm not a happy bunny at the moment
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:35
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Bonus wrote:
> You plonker :D
>
> Why didn't you say you had a modded PS2??
>
> You're just lucky you can turn it off, or you really would have been
> in trouble.

Well if you're a regular reader of my posts i don't really hide the fact i've got a modded PS2 :-D My uncle suggested to me that's what could be wrong with it and he was right. Just a pain to have to remember to keep turning it off each time.

> Anyway, glad to hear you've got it working now.

Me too. Let the killing commence :-D (Well after i get my brand new cable too)

Thanks for all your help anyway mate, much appreciated. Don't suppose you know a place to get a good cable from?
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:30
Regular
You plonker :D

Why didn't you say you had a modded PS2??

You're just lucky you can turn it off, or you really would have been in trouble.

Anyway, glad to hear you've got it working now.

I've got my PS2 online, bu tI've only ever used it to download files, not actually got any online PS2 games.

The Xbox kicks the Ps2's ass for online game support, maybe when GT4 comes out I'll get that.
Sun 18/04/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Found out what was wrong with it now, apparently my modchip was messing it up somehow and when i turned it off my connection went fine. Had a quick game of Socom 2 and killed a team of 3 on my own on death trap (bloody hell it's dark isn't it?) Victory dances are pretty funny as well :-D

Anyway my query now is does anyone know a good place for a 10 foot cable for me to connect to my modem and PS2. I've decided i want to play my ps2 without hassle or news in my room and so need a cable to stretch from the living room up into my room. Anyone know a good cheap place to get a good decent, all weather cable?
Sat 17/04/04 at 00:25
Regular
"POTTER"
hiy
Fri 16/04/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
still prefer my sledgehammer option, much more fun although not quite as effective at getting it to actually work as calling the support line
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:50
Regular
Call them anyway.

When you register online, they ask for your PS2 serial number and model number, might not work if the serial numbers don't match.
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
will do after i tried my uncle's PS2 with it, then if not i guess i will have to call them
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:37
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Have you tried calling the support number in the back of the Network Adaptor manual?
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Well i've also used my network adapter on my uncle's ps2 and that was the last one i went online with so i've got a suspicion like you said about the registration thing that when i go to connect the connection doesn't recognise my PS2 and so just doesn't work waiting for my the NA to be put in my uncle's PS2
Fri 16/04/04 at 12:27
Regular
Hmmm, I really don't know, sorry.

Could have been the MAC Address thing.

If it's not then there is something else not quite right about it, obviously :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.