GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Service"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/12/09 at 08:48
"Are you sure?"
Morning all.

I appreciate people will be busy this morning but it someone could provide a likely ETA for normal service it would be much appreciated - either on the Status page or here?

Thanks in advance.
NB. twitter.com/Freeola would work well for Service updates and if the outage was affecting your website you could still reach the world :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 10/12/09 at 09:02
"Are you sure?"
Hi ourLOL,
Remember the email servers may be busy if they are catching up, so your test emails won't always arrive immediately.

Also the delay may also be with your friend's email provider if your tests are coming through.

I'm still looking at things at my end and things appear to be working - my worry is always emails that might have been lost :¬(
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 10/12/09 at 08:25
Regular
I think I may have spoken too soon. A friend sent me a couple of test emails 20 minutes ago and they have yet to arrive in my inbox. One was a straight type of my email address and the other was sent from a link from my website. Neither have arrived... nor are they in my junk folder.

Strange however that my own test from an AOL and Hotmail address arrived within seconds.

Laura
Thu 10/12/09 at 06:57
Regular
Morning everyone,

Am pleased to report that test emails to my outlook account are coming through nice and quickly.

I have had a smattering of messages from the backlog, but I am also very aware that a number of emails are missing and this doesn't account (I assume) for any that will have been bounced back as undeliverable. I will just need to wait to see what happens over the next 48 hours to see what is recovered.

My Freedom account, as has been suggested, now only holds messages sent in the last day or so. Older messages have gone, but this fortunately doesn't impact me particularly as I only tend to use it if I am away from the office.

Now, of course, I just need to go back and amend my website and change all the contact emails back to how they originally were, instead of the temporary email I coded yesterday.

Laura
Thu 10/12/09 at 04:40
Regular
Butch Edit: Edited as you quoted the moderated post.

Behave Digi!
Thu 10/12/09 at 04:39
Regular
Big day ahead of me so up early - pleased to report all email accounts reporting no errors and 163 emails waiting to be read

Digi
Thu 10/12/09 at 00:24
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
That's ok. I needed a break!:P
Wed 09/12/09 at 22:41
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Eccles wrote:
> Important: If you are now receiving authentication error
> messages from you e-mail client you will need to send an email to
> the account you are trying to receive e-mail on and they will
> cause the server to automatically configure the account so you
> can receive e-mail on it again.
>
> I will update the status page with a message regarding this
> shortly.

@Eccles,

Thanks - all three 'broken' ones responding as normal - great job.

All accounts now firing on all cylinders, as are those of my clients.

Sorry for not responding earlier, but only just read your post.
Wed 09/12/09 at 21:34
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
You will have to give it a chance for the email to get through. It will processing the backlog as well.
Wed 09/12/09 at 21:31
Regular
Eccles wrote:
> Important: If you are now receiving authentication error
> messages from you e-mail client you will need to send an email to
> the account you are trying to receive e-mail on and they will
> cause the server to automatically configure the account so you
> can receive e-mail on it again.
>
> I will update the status page with a message regarding this
> shortly.

That's not working for me.
Wed 09/12/09 at 21:23
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Important: If you are now receiving authentication error messages from you e-mail client you will need to send an email to the account you are trying to receive e-mail on and they will cause the server to automatically configure the account so you can receive e-mail on it again.

I will update the status page with a message regarding this shortly.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.