GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Email Service"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/12/09 at 08:48
"Are you sure?"
Morning all.

I appreciate people will be busy this morning but it someone could provide a likely ETA for normal service it would be much appreciated - either on the Status page or here?

Thanks in advance.
NB. twitter.com/Freeola would work well for Service updates and if the outage was affecting your website you could still reach the world :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 09/12/09 at 16:23
Regular
agreed. people make excuses for freeola but if my business offered poor service I too would expect to be critisised. its a fee paying service so we have a right to make our point. of couse things can go wrong but there is also something called good customer service and managing expectations. being left hours on end like this im afraid is not good enough. I see some businesses are in the medical field so it is literally a case of life and death.
Wed 09/12/09 at 16:08
Regular
Hi,

I'm new to this but I agree it's taking far too long. We've been without e-mails for almost 24hrs.

Heaven knows how many customers have e-mailed me today asking for quotes or help with floods. ( I work in water treatment, boreholes, sewage etc) If they have i hope they don't think we're being rude not answering them!

The ones who can call on the phone are okay but if they need urgent written instructions for anything or can't get a signal on their phone and need to e-mail they're stuck.

Really not good for business.
Wed 09/12/09 at 16:00
Regular
But as Eccles said they have had many unforseen problems, lets face it how many times have gone to do a 5 min job and it takes 2 days to complete and after all who has a spare email server sitting on the shelve?

Digi

diktat wrote:
> okay, maybe we are overreacting / kneejerk reaction but still a
> little disappointed with the speed and service provided in the
> last 24 hours
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:59
Regular
All ISPs should have a service level agreement which guarantees uptime 99.9% of the time to its clients. Someone somewhere is not doing their job properly as this should not have happened in first place. We were told over an hour ago that within the hour email will be back up. I have had to send home 20 staff because of this issue, and I cannot use other email addresses because our patient monitoring systems are pre-programmed with the freeola email addresses. This sends vital information to the medical teams on the ground, which is now not happening.

Lot of time, money and the lashback from unhappy clients is going to cause all freeola customers a big issue. At the end of the day we pay a few quid extra a month to freeola for email addresses, and obviously this is not being provided to us.
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:58
Regular
Also agreed.
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:51
Regular
okay, maybe we are overreacting / kneejerk reaction but still a little disappointed with the speed and service provided in the last 24 hours
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:37
Regular
Agreed.
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:33
Regular
Oh thats Harsh words! on you go then would you like a reference? lets face it no ISP can assure you 100% up time all the time but if you feel that others are better then am sure your free to go. a quick look at ISP ratings show that Freeola are very near the top and actually are top on some sectors, and when you call them they are ALWAYS polite and are UK based and not sat away in some call centre in India. Also bear in mind if you move to another ISP they usually tie you in for a year or 18 months imagine being tied to a bad ISP for all that time!

Digi
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:29
Regular
now the issue has been raised how big are freeola? how many employees are there?
Wed 09/12/09 at 15:05
Regular
im a sole trader and no IT expert. if anyone has any suggestions of other providers please do let me know

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.