GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cricket Thread"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/01/07 at 11:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A thread to discuss cricket incase anyone else is a fan like me.
Page:
Sat 11/08/07 at 01:18
Regular
664 all out.

Thu 09/08/07 at 18:12
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
India quite in control at the moment, a big shame to have Prior put down that catch off Tendulkar. 290-4.
Sun 05/08/07 at 12:52
"LOLLERSKATES!"
Yeah, it was great, Would've been better to see Sussex in the final though. Sid the Shark was robbed in the mascot race!
Sun 05/08/07 at 12:50
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Really enjoyed the Twenty20 cup finals day yesterday. Kent fought well when things didn't look so good and then to win it on a no ball 4 was a bizarre but fun way to win.
Wed 01/08/07 at 21:58
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
'Jellygate' is brilliant. Good to see Vaughan having a fine knock, nasty way to get out too. Seemed like India had a lot of luck, but yeah credit where credit's due they played superbly.
Wed 01/08/07 at 20:03
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Quite an entertaining match even though we lost.

The "jellybean" incident brought a smile to my face, I bet it was Pietersen after his comfrontation :D

Vaughans second innings was great shame a few others couldn't have had an excellent innings as well otherwise it would have been closer.

All credit to India though they played well.
Fri 20/07/07 at 16:13
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Kudos to the drainage system at Lords. After all that rain, they still got the players out after the rain had stopped in 40 minutes.
Fri 20/07/07 at 15:53
"LOLLERSKATES!"
There goes the second wicket, I always like to see Jimmy do well. Now for Tendulkar... erm?

I still can't believe they're playing, the pitch was like a lake this morning.
Fri 20/07/07 at 15:43
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
England seemed to have a good start against India, and then came the collapse. Let's hope for some more wickets now that Sidebottom's taken Karthik's wicket, 18-1...
Fri 29/06/07 at 14:40
Regular
Presumably he was talking about the abject Twenty20 defeat to the Windies yesterday.

Personally, I think our approach to limited overs cricket is vastly overthought. You look at last night's England line up and over half of them wouldn't get anywhere near the test side.

This notion that a different game requires different players has some truth to it, but it's still cricket at the end of the day and if we keep deluding ourselves that quite so many test players cannot adapt to the shorter game then we're doing nothing but wrapping them in cotton wool as we do with our footballers.

Part of being a sportsman is being adaptable and more often than not you need to come out of your comfort zone and do your best to succeed. Is it a matter of can't with these players, or won't? Steve Harmison on his day can be a devastating fast bowler yet at the age of 28 retired from one-day cricket.

Why have we gotten to the stage where players simply accept their shortcomings and the management are equally willing to discard them because of it?
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.