GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:50
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
So was his idea on getting a set of guidelines drawn up...
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:49
"possibly impossible"
Garin wrote:
> Couple of suggestions that might help...
>
> -More transparency in moderator powers. Rather than remove
> posts entirely, just blank them out (like with banned users) and
> put "moderated by XXX". Posts that are edited with a
> moderator should be clearly marked as such too.

A great idea.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:45
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Ladybird wrote:

> I'd rather give the SR Notables back their status and also give
> them moderator control as well. It was more fun with them
> around.

The biggest problem with that is they are not around anymore in the main. That would leave a lot of work for pb (only one in top 10) :D

- with a bit of back up from GP (only one in 10 - 20), and then from Sibs and Timm (in 20 - 30) and possibly Everpain 'cos I have a suspicion on who this was but am not certain.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:45
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Couple of suggestions that might help...

-Moderator guidelines. I think the biggest issue is interpretation of what moderators should and shouldnt be doing. This can be easily remedied by a clear set of guidelines about procedure and what constitutes spam and offensive posts. Guidelines could be things such as dont delete posts without leaving an explanation (which is common courtesy too). Only delete posts as a last resort and give a warning first explaining that the user is crossing the line.
Im not sure if Freeola would be willing to take the time to write such a thing but I'm sure one of the mods could and submit it for consideration.
-More transparency in moderator powers. Rather than remove posts entirely, just blank them out (like with banned users) and put "moderated by XXX". Posts that are edited with a moderator should be clearly marked as such too. Publically accessible ban lists with the reason for the ban.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:41
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm happy to be a global mod as I'm on here every weekday and usually at least once at the weekend.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:38
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Should really only be 2 mods per user created forum, really.
> This would allow us to create more forums if needed. Or let
> the
> mods look after more than one forum, as I've said many times
> over. It's not a difficult task...
>
> So you wouldn't mind being a global mod then pb? You've only
> ever stuck and unstuck threads right?

Yeah, and that's the reason, really. As there's not much to do in any of the user forums most of the time, the mods should really be either global or just across all the user forums...
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:36
Regular
pb wrote:
> Should really only be 2 mods per user created forum, really.
> This would allow us to create more forums if needed. Or let the
> mods look after more than one forum, as I've said many times
> over. It's not a difficult task...

So you wouldn't mind being a global mod then pb? You've only ever stuck and unstuck threads right?
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:35
"possibly impossible"
:D
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:34
Regular
Wow I predicted that =D
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:34
Regular
I wonder what pb makes of all this.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.