GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:40
"possibly impossible"
biglime wrote:
Even the GAD approach seems to have lost its
> appeal, before those that joined not only took part in reviews,
> cheats etc but also in chat. Now they just omit chatting on
> concentrate solely on winning GAD.

I've said as much in another topic, Freeola (I'm guessing) want to encourage their cheat database to grow and be used, thus generating interest in the company and advertising etc. But ideally, they'd encourage people who submit cheats, walkthroughs etc to chat somehow too, or only let those who do submit cheats (not good for their Database, though).

Encouraging others to a chat forum requires advertising of some sort, though.

The line you quoted from me in the last post was just my own internal issue with encouraging people in chat to try their hand at story writing (or at the least, commenting). But I've said many-a-time that it would be good to advertise the creative side as a place for people to write stories etc and win for it.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:36
Regular
Why did you pick the name Biglime?
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:32
Regular
Surprised more than anything.

pb wrote:
> Chippxero wrote:
> Garin wrote:

>
> I do try to get people interested in Creative, at least once a
> week.
>
> But they keep telling me off for using the headlocks...

Somehow I don't think the long term answer lies in keeping it's small, existing userbase... we have a bunch of dedicated posters here already, as simple as it sounds but as long as the conversations carry on it won't get much smaller (if that's possible).

We should be looking at other avenues for user expansion.. other forums don't work too good by the way, even if the user interface on this site is far cleaner. The point is that in modern times well established are not only keeping the old users but also attracting the new ones, leaving the small communities in a very isolated position.

The one possible hook I see for newcomers to join is through Freeola's existing customers- but as they already send out emails mentioned these forums, I don't think there's anything more they can do. Even the GAD approach seems to have lost its appeal, before those that joined not only took part in reviews, cheats etc but also in chat. Now they just omit chatting on concentrate solely on winning GAD.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:22
Regular
biglime wrote:
> Fast reply out of nowhere. Almost like... no, that would be too
> obvious.
>
> Still I'm glad you finally agree with me on something!

From what I recall, the only thing we ever disagreed about was a child support issue in some stupid thread back when. Since then, you've been irrationally modifying and/or flat out deleting my threads and posts. You've even gone as far as banning me from General Chat without sufficient grounds.

Vindictive much?
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:17
"possibly impossible"
Chippxero wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> stuff
>
> You're right but 3 mods per forum should at least be trying to
> generate interest in their forums, this simply doesn't happen
> like you said it's what they are meant to be doing, gen chat
> would fall on it's bum without Machie and he's not even mod in
> here.

I do try to get people interested in Creative, at least once a week.

But they keep telling me off for using the headlocks...
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:16
Regular
Fast reply out of nowhere. Almost like... no, that would be too obvious.

Still I'm glad you finally agree with me on something!
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:10
Regular
biglime wrote:
> Garin wrote:
>
> -More transparency in moderator powers. Rather than remove
> posts entirely, just blank them out (like with banned users)
> and
> put "moderated by XXX". Posts that are edited with a
> moderator should be clearly marked as such too. Publically
> accessible ban lists with the reason for the ban.
>
> This would be superb, certainly put those who consistently
> harass and allege in their place.

I can agree with it too, so we can see how blatently obvious it is that a particular moderator abuses his powers.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:06
Regular
Garin wrote:

> -More transparency in moderator powers. Rather than remove
> posts entirely, just blank them out (like with banned users) and
> put "moderated by XXX". Posts that are edited with a
> moderator should be clearly marked as such too. Publically
> accessible ban lists with the reason for the ban.

This would be superb, certainly put those who consistently harass and allege in their place.
Thu 11/01/07 at 15:02
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone to post in every single forum.

I post mainly in General Chat, ID, sport and wrestling and the others I'll just frequent every so often but there are others who spend most of their time in games for example which balance this out.

Global mods won't have to post all over the place just keep an eye on the forums and have flaming etc brought to their attention.
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:34
Regular
I try to contribute in all the forums =) but I must admit I should be doing more in the Movies & TV forum.

I like to use General Chat to show off things I've found on the net and talk about, well general stuff really.

I'd like to see more people posting in the ID forum. I was tempted to make a thread about the new Smoking advert on TV you know the one with the fish hook.

It's very easy to just post in the general chat and forget about the other forums =( That's why we sometimes talk about Movie/TV stuff in WLT when we probably shouldnt.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.