GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:33
"possibly impossible"
Should really only be 2 mods per user created forum, really. This would allow us to create more forums if needed. Or let the mods look after more than one forum, as I've said many times over. It's not a difficult task...
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:28
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Dunno if it was him or not but someone has.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:27
Regular
Why on earth would he delete that =S

EDIT: But yeah I agree. Not sure who Foundations is, he agreed to do the Review forum for me. I think he's a Regular under a different name =) not sure though.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:25
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Nope it wasn't very long just saying I've not seen most of the mods about for ages and who the hell is foundations and that there should just be about 5 mods for all the forums who are on here most days.
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:23
Regular
Did you copy and save it?
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:22
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
RIGHT SO WHERE HAS MY LAST POST GONE?
Thu 11/01/07 at 11:46
Regular
It only says Moderator under their names when you are in their forum. Everywhere else it'll just say Regular.

Please complain to Freeola about all the mods. They only gave us 4 forums which is a fraction of what we had on SR. So it was left up to us to create more forums.

Of course at the time we complained and still complain about needing 3 new users to mod a forum and not allowing people to mod more than one forum.

The forum wan't very active so I took control and helped create the 5 user forums. Which meant I had to ask 14 other people to agree to be mods just so we could have the forums we use to have back on SR. Most of them either didn't mind or didn't care about being a mod. They probably just agreed so they could post in the new forum, or probably just to shut me up. =)

Most of the mods havent done anything with their new powers, others have just stuck and unstuck threads. It's very rare that we get a spammer because you have to prodive an address to sign up. The only mod to cause problems, the one who originally banned several users as soon as he became a mod, was biglime. He signed up for the General forum so I had nothing to do with that.

All the other mods have done fine, I think. =)

I'd still like some new forums but I dont want to have to ask more people to be mods. I don't think Freeola will change their mind about there being 20+ mods because I'm still one despite asking them to take it away. =(

5 mods should be enough to mod all the forums. Whenever we do get a spammer they usually stay in the general chat forum. So all the other mods can't do anything about it and because hippyman is away we have to wait for Staffies to delete it all.

One did post in my forum, but then I found out that my powers were useless =( I couldnt delete or bar the person because they were a JAT and my powers only worked on Newbies and Regulars. Not sure if they've fixed that problem yet.

*copied and pasted into Notepad - Just incase
Thu 11/01/07 at 06:55
Regular
Chippxero wrote:
> Didn't it used to say moderator under their names?

That's hilarious. They're just regulars now, in a different shade of blue. I think that makes it even more ambiguous for the newcomer to try to decifer the colour coding around here.

So many questions Grasshoppahh..
Thu 11/01/07 at 06:43
Regular
I think the issue here is really quality over quantity.
Thu 11/01/07 at 04:05
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I think the current system is fine. 23 moderators might seem like alot, yet 15 of them come from user created forums. If you're going to let users create their own forums then its only right they should be responsible for it and moderate it. Alot of moderators is a natural consequence of letting users take control. Yes if it was a fixed set of forums I'm sure you could moderate it all with less people. Really though, I cant see the problem with the amount of moderators.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.