GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
Garin wrote:
> stuff

You're right but 3 mods per forum should at least be trying to generate interest in their forums, this simply doesn't happen like you said it's what they are meant to be doing, gen chat would fall on it's bum without Machie and he's not even mod in here.
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I'm around quite a lot, a lot more than I should. I'd happily be part of global mod team if I was ever asked.
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:15
Regular
I don't think they will bring Notables back =)

Which is a shame especially if you put a lot of effort into this community and dont get anything in return. Well that's a lie, you do make some good friends. Friends who'll make DVDs for you when you miss something on TV =), friends who help you on your website when you get stuck on something.. (I've yet to experience that one), friends who umm no I think that's everything covered =)

Some guidelines for mods would be good, I hear Vexxxed is working on it. =)
Thu 11/01/07 at 14:09
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
If you look at "run a forum" link, checking for spam/offensive posts is only a part of what moderators(for user created forums) are actually meant to be doing anyway. Smedlos/pb might be willing to monitor spam globally, but is pb willing to generate interest in the wrestling forum? Does Smedlos want to write thought provoking topics for intelligent discussion?
Considering what mods are -really- meant to be doing 3 mods per forum isnt that unreasonable. As what is essentially being asked is are there 3 people with enough interest in this subject to run a forum. If the answer is no then I dont think it warrants a forum anyway.
Maybe moderators should be called "Forum Leaders" instead so theres less confusion over their actual role/duties. :)
Thu 11/01/07 at 13:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Indeed, really only 1 or 2 people are needed. Not like there's a flood of stuff to overwhelm them
Thu 11/01/07 at 13:36
Regular
"Captain to you."
Garin wrote:
> I think the current system is fine. 23 moderators might seem
> like alot, yet 15 of them come from user created forums.

23 blimey that is more than what i thought there were. 23 mods doing nothing is just pointless, forums aren't any where near busy enough to warrant that many people to mod them.

In most 24 hour cycles some of the forums don't even reach double figures the only really busy forum is general chat and even that really isn't busy enough to have the 2? or 3? mods that it does have.
Thu 11/01/07 at 13:27
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
By the way have we actually had a staffie in here yet? (just woke up and too lazy to check through) It would be nice to actually have them say something on the situation seeing as the original post was actually directed to them
Thu 11/01/07 at 13:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So yea Sleepy can't have a vote if she's just going to spoil her ballot paper like that :-D
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:58
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I agree with the clean start but would say not atm to notables. The forum is still too young with quite a few people on it doing their bit to make it a success....

... unless I get to vote for Sunflower :D
Thu 11/01/07 at 12:50
"possibly impossible"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Ladybird wrote:
>
> I'd rather give the SR Notables back their status and also give
> them moderator control as well. It was more fun with them
> around.
>
> The biggest problem with that is they are not around anymore in
> the main. That would leave a lot of work for pb (only one in
> top 10) :D
>

Hah! No, I think Freeola were right to start from scratch on that one. If they want to do Notables again, they should be voted for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.