GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"STAFFIES : Complaint about biglime (again)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 00:26
Regular
You remember him, he was the reason why we have to give explinations for barring people now after he went on a frenzy and barred several Regulars.

He's already deleted and edited peoples posts without good reason and now he's gone and deleted my posts too. Hardly worthy of deletion although I was being creative in that my posts were in binary code, but then it's not the first time I've posted in binary in my 7 years on Freeola. After all this is General Chat, where anything goes. With the exception of txt tlk of course.

So it's with regret that I'd like to resign my Moderator status from the Movies & TV forum in protest of biglime and his abuse of power. He's already annoyed other Moderators and Regulars, infact the mere 6 posts he's made this month were attempts to justify his earlier abuses. Not the kind of person I would consider Moderator material or even a worthy contributor to the community.

Sorry Staffies.

[end of hissy fit]

P.S No I'm not leaving the forum ;P just passing on my Mod status to someone else.

P.P.S I'll copy and paste this message just incase he deletes this too. It wouldn't be the first time he's censored criticism.
Thu 11/01/07 at 19:49
Regular
I'd like to hear Nin's opinion on all this. Having a few global mods or two dozen mods, etc.

Perhaps we could vote global mods, I'll go for pb, Smedlos and Grandprix. Not that you others aren't worthy, it's just I'm sure you'd agree with me too.

I'll continue to encourage activity in the Movies & TV forum.
Thu 11/01/07 at 18:26
Regular
Yeah, but there are people like Game who never even come on. And the people asking for help suck.
Thu 11/01/07 at 18:05
Regular
"The definitive tag"
Alfonse wrote:
> pb wrote:
> Should really only be 2 mods per user created forum, really.
> This would allow us to create more forums if needed. Or let
> the
> mods look after more than one forum, as I've said many times
> over. It's not a difficult task...
>
> I'm more than willing to drop my position as a moderator in the
> WWE forum and pick up the slack in the games forum which is
> constantly invaded by idiots.

You mean people asking for help?

I've been a mod the games forum since these forums came back under Freeola and in that time the only thing I've had to do is edit a swear word.

There's no slack to be picked up. The games forum doesn't need another mod.
Thu 11/01/07 at 17:30
Regular
"Captain to you."
That's what i mean, the only time someone outside the site will come on here is if it is top, any gamer that is on the net though knows that Gamefaqs is where you need to go for help with games.

Also on that search third place is gamespot which is in fact the GameFAQ database in a prettier form.

I hope it does work for freeola, but i guess as we never see figures and stuff it always seems like a wasted feature, i have put cheats on there but would never look there for them personally.
Thu 11/01/07 at 17:12
"Are you sure?"
Chippxero wrote:
> The only time people are going to look at cheats on here is if
> they do a google search and this place was the first one to come
> up, that just doesn't happen.

I think you might be under estimating how Freeola perform on Google.

When looking for cheats for my kids I often find a Freeola result - which always makes me smile.

A search for psp cheats for example on Google has Freeola 9 places above GameFAQs [URL]http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=psp+cheats&meta=[/URL].

Neither sites are at the top, but they are doing well out of 20million+ results.

I agree with you, that I can't see the connection between an ISP and Game Cheats - but I guess traffic is traffic; so it must help.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:54
Regular
Very true, that section needs to be removed.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:53
Regular
"Captain to you."
The only thing is, no one would never come here for cheats to games, as everyone knows it's much more likely to be on GameFAQs not only that as most cheats are just copied from there anyway freeola will always be behind in the cheats.

GameFAQS works so well because it is just centred around games, every game has a message board and so it has thousands of users posting every day.

An ISP website is one of the last places that most people would look for cheats.

It was very different when SR was around as customers where all gamers not just people wanting the internet, if someone had purchased a game online they knew that there was a cheat section to look at.

The only time people are going to look at cheats on here is if they do a google search and this place was the first one to come up, that just doesn't happen.

gone a bit off topic. Sorry
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:52
Regular
Limes are delicious ;)
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:50
Regular
I agree wholeheartedly, the creative side is one of the more unique areas ie. our stories can't be replicated other forums.

Alfonse wrote:
> Why did you pick the name Biglime?

The easiest explanation would be because I'm a big fat limey.
Thu 11/01/07 at 16:50
Regular
pb wrote:
> Should really only be 2 mods per user created forum, really.
> This would allow us to create more forums if needed. Or let the
> mods look after more than one forum, as I've said many times
> over. It's not a difficult task...

I'm more than willing to drop my position as a moderator in the WWE forum and pick up the slack in the games forum which is constantly invaded by idiots.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.