GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gt3 cancelled"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
dont worry yet

iam just putting this hopefully to get some answers.

tonight i recieved an email from gamestreet that told me that they had spoken to sony this morning and they had cancelled the release in the uk of gt3 and another date had not been set.
now dont go mad at me iam only trelling u what i recieved ,if you want ill post email on here so u can read it for yourselfs.

i did contact them and they couldnt answer tonight and are ringing me tommorrow. so i hopefully will know more by then.

now if anybody from special reserve can obvuoisly scotch this terrible rumour i will be as pleased as the next guy.
so i wait any repies on here and more importantly from gamestreet tommorrow.
Mon 09/07/01 at 09:52
"High polygon count"
Well, it's not like I've got nothing else to keep me busy!

Onimusha, Red Faction and Extermination - all unfinished!
Mon 09/07/01 at 09:31
Well I think we all might as well just sit back and wait now :)
Mon 09/07/01 at 09:24
"High polygon count"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Well I don't mind apologising when I'm wrong ! Anyway when Wookie
> says that Game are still saying 20th July I just can't help
> wondering if, like many retailers, Game are still saying 20th July
> because they don't want to endanger pre orders.

It's possible, but I don't think anyone who genuinely wants this game will be put off pre-ordering, no matter when the release date is!

My Game store actually had (so they told me) the full game running in demo mode on the screens behind the counter. Though for some reason, the manager would not allow them put it on the PS2 pod for the customers to play.

The only way we'll know for sure is when it does or doesn't turn up on our doorsteps on 20th July!
Mon 09/07/01 at 09:19
"High polygon count"
toz wrote:
> anyway i would like to add
> i have now stretched my search and enquiries further a field and let
> me tell you all now not 1 of the major stores in this country will
> give you the 20th july as the official date for release.

My local Game store did - see below.
Mon 09/07/01 at 08:33
Well I don't mind apologising when I'm wrong ! Anyway when Wookie says that Game are still saying 20th July I just can't help wondering if, like many retailers, Game are still saying 20th July because they don't want to endanger pre orders. I know from talking to people that if it doesn't come out July 20th then it's going to be a very long day at work........

Lastly I'll know this Saturday if Woolworths have GT3 in their chart for WC 20th July. If it's listed in our chart then it's looking good for a release because otherwise we have a big hole in the number one slot lol
Mon 09/07/01 at 03:22
wow guys
been away for a ferw days and i thought this would be gone to the bottom by now.

anyway thanks to stranger in paradise for the little oppology, nice to see somebody has actually tried to find out the truth instead of doubting me.

anyway i would like to add i have now stretched my search and enquiries further a field and let me tell you all now not 1 of the major stores in this country will give you the 20th july as the official date for release.
1 example was dixons they kept me on hold for over 10 mins and when i asked them what they were doing they replied checking there suppliers.
and they came back with the exact same reply they do not have a date ffor release.
now dont get me wrong but all thses companys do have a type of internal system that does always know exactly when things will be arriving for despatch, (take strangers post about woollies),but iam afraid none have.and even he now says woolies have changed there wording of when it was coming.

so guys iam afraid i have now come to the conclusion that 20th july is not going to be the release date of this game.also dont you think that sr would have come on by now to put all your minds at rest for those who have pre ordered from them

so if anybody from sr is reading these posts come on guys tell us the truth.
Mon 09/07/01 at 00:17
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Fair point.

Slap away
Mon 09/07/01 at 00:03
"High polygon count"
Hmm... yes... the same 'some of us' who like train-spotting and MS Train Sim...
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:59
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Oooo you beast.

Hey, maybe some of us like to pretend to be little plastic soldiers or something.
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:56
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> What about Army Men 5?

As one of the oldest members on these forums (both in terms of posting and of physical age) I feel it is my duty to maintain order and sanity.

Therefore I am going to slap Goatboy repeatedly around the face with a smoked kipper until he apologises for that statement.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.