GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"gt3 cancelled"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 21:35
Regular
dont worry yet

iam just putting this hopefully to get some answers.

tonight i recieved an email from gamestreet that told me that they had spoken to sony this morning and they had cancelled the release in the uk of gt3 and another date had not been set.
now dont go mad at me iam only trelling u what i recieved ,if you want ill post email on here so u can read it for yourselfs.

i did contact them and they couldnt answer tonight and are ringing me tommorrow. so i hopefully will know more by then.

now if anybody from special reserve can obvuoisly scotch this terrible rumour i will be as pleased as the next guy.
so i wait any repies on here and more importantly from gamestreet tommorrow.
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:35
Bonus wrote:
> 23rd now confirmed by SCEE.

I don't think so!

Games are always released on a friday - 23rd is a monday.
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:14
Regular
GT is allright but not worth wetting your pants over!
Sun 08/07/01 at 23:11
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
What about Army Men 5?
Sun 08/07/01 at 21:50
Regular
23rd now confirmed by SCEE.
Sat 07/07/01 at 14:22
"High polygon count"
I went into Game today to get Onimusha, and they had GT3 running, but not playable. I mentioned this topic and the doubts it had raised to the guy serving me (they know me well in there) and asked about the release date.

He told me "20th July, confirmed for definite".
Sat 07/07/01 at 13:52
I don't think OPS2M reply to emails. I've emailed them on various occasions and get an auto reply message back saying that they have recieved the email but they cannot reply personally and that it will be considered for publication in the mag.

I don't think the release of Gran Turismo 3 has slipped again, otherwise SR would have informed us of it and changed their release date on the website.
Fri 06/07/01 at 21:21
Just to let you know, i have emailed OPS2 magazine to find out what they know and am still waiting for a reply. will keep you all posted!
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:04
Yikes ! Sorry to all for bringing thistopic back to the top but....a couple of days I emailed the playstation.com shop asking them about the release date and today I received this eerily familiar reply ;

Dear Sir / Madam

Thank you for your email. The GT3 release date is unconfirmed, all we know is that it will be at the end of July/early august.

Thank you for contacting Playstation.com. For all additional enquiries please contact our Customer Service Centre by dialing 0870 241 3338 or sending an email to: [email protected]. We look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,
James
Playstation.com

And today at work the GT3 release date just changed to "July 20th Subject to confirmation"

AGHHH !!!

*apologises to toz for doubting his emails*
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:15
Well it was a quiet day at work today so I tried confirming the GT3 release date. EUK ( the company that distributes entertainment product to Woolworths ( where I work ) MVC and various others ) has had no official word from Sony of ANY change in date and the game is scheduled to be shipped to Woolworths stores on Wednesday 18th/Thursday 19th but will not be on sale until the 20th.
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:28
just thought id like to add my final word on this to clear a few things up.

firstly the emails i got and phone calls i made were from both gamestreet and scee shop itself.
if you read my secound post at the begining both emails are there and the main one was from scee shop themselves.

also the reason the sr site hasnt changed anything i guess is probably the info i got was from gamestreet and scee shop not sr.

now also iam not trying to scare monger just give you the info i have got myself, and as ive said iam just as miffed as u lot even more so because this would be for me probably the last straw with the ps2 its been such a dissapointment.

theres only so long we can keep waiting for a grade a titles,so when this fiasco is over well move over to the next one metal gear solid 2,and ill have a little wager with you all now,mark this date in your diarys and i bet we havnt got that game this time next year.

so yet again us brits get shifted to the back of the que and get charged more , when r we going to make a stand against this treatment.
but you all know as i do, well just keep doin it again and again and thell just keep ripping us off as long as we do.
sorry guys to go on a rant but hey thats the way i feel.

lets all cross our fingers that indeed it is released on the 2oth but dont hold your breath

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.