GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Tue 01/05/07 at 08:44
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Machie wrote:
> I thought that too. You'd think they'd try and take over the
> world and exist as just 4 daleks. Surely that's enough, when did
> daleks suddenly feel the need to procreate.

When they believed they were the only 4 left? :D The next to last scene was pretty good as the tie in for the Dalek that Billy met though.

> aww I wanna see this dalek central now =D.

Bridgewater Place. You can't really see it but there is an 'arm' right at the top with the light for (assumingly) low flying aircraft. Can't get a picture of the view you get when I drive in but first time I saw it I had a whoa moment.

> I tire of Earth and the present day.

Plus the TARDIS is getting old now. When did he have it fixed up proper? It was for ever getting lost and not arriving where it should have or have I romanticised my memories?

> But then he would never spend a grand and buy his own fullscale
> dalek =D I'll get one this year *fingers crossed*

LOL - GEEK!!!!!!
Wed 02/05/07 at 11:38
"possibly impossible"
If I had the money, I'd have a fleet of them. Besides, my daughter would never stay in the house with a full size dalek around.

The amount of Earth stories reminds me of the Pertwee years, where most of the stories were set on Earth. There are a few space stories coming up (including the last episode of the season) though.

Would like to meet David, I've met Colin, Peter and Tom already. Oh, and K9, of course!
Wed 02/05/07 at 11:58
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
You met K9?

* dies of envy *

:D
Wed 02/05/07 at 12:43
Regular
Ah so I can still meet more Dr Whos than pb =) I met Jon Pertwee when I was very little, apparently he made me cry. I think this was about the time of Worzel Gummidge. You two might be too young to remember that show.

I'd love to have a few daleks =) not sure what I would do with them, might have them in my home cinema, I'd go for a classic dalek and a more colourful movie dalek. For some reason the site doesnt sell my favourites anymore =( the white and gold ones.

K9 is great but I haven't seen him in any Dr Who episodes lately (classic). Did he appear in Tom Bakers series?

I think after Tom Baker, I'd like to meet David. Than Syvester as he was the Doctor I grew up with. I enjoyed Colin as the Doctor and must confess to hardly seeing anything of Peter Davison.
Wed 02/05/07 at 16:04
"possibly impossible"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> You met K9?
>
> * dies of envy *
>
> :D

Yep, the real one too. Well, the one main model they used for Mark III which was in K9 and Company and the new episode (and K9 mark IV, even though it was supposed to be a new model). Quite interesting talking to Mat Irvine (who built and opperates K9 and owns this particular model) about all the stuff he built for Doctor Who and Blake's 7.
Wed 02/05/07 at 16:09
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Ah so I can still meet more Dr Whos than pb =) I met Jon Pertwee
> when I was very little, apparently he made me cry. I think this
> was about the time of Worzel Gummidge. You two might be too
> young to remember that show.
>
Writes note to kill off actors once I've seen them...

> K9 is great but I haven't seen him in any Dr Who episodes lately
> (classic). Did he appear in Tom Bakers series?

Yes. Mark I was given to the Doctor in The Invisible Enemy. It stayed with Leela, but Mark II was built (by the doctor) in the same episode the first one left. 2 was left in E-Space and III was, I think, just seen on Earth with Sarah Jane Smith after she left The Doctor. IV was obviously a present from the 10th Doctor to Sarah Jane.

>
> I think after Tom Baker, I'd like to meet David. Than Syvester
> as he was the Doctor I grew up with. I enjoyed Colin as the
> Doctor and must confess to hardly seeing anything of Peter
> Davison.

I'd love to meet Sylvester. He sometimes comes down here for the occasional sci-fi convention.
Thu 03/05/07 at 12:18
"possibly impossible"
From the BBC Doctor Who website:

"We're all as disappointed as you are that you'll have to wait an extra week between episodes six and seven of Doctor Who because of the Eurovision Song Contest.

However... even though there's no episode on 12 May 2007, the Doctor Who team have been working away feverishly to prepare a special treat for you at the end of this week's episode, The Lazarus Experiment.

Hopefully it'll make the wait for 42 seem a little shorter.

You'll also be able to to see it here on the website as soon as it's been on TV, and possibly behind the red button too if we can sort things out in time...

Stay tuned!"
Sat 05/05/07 at 14:52
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Not sure I like this Dr. Who at all anymore. I dont think its David Tennant's fault just they seem intent in turning the character in something that it never should be in my opinion.

Somebody fire Russell Davies.
Sat 05/05/07 at 15:16
Regular
What do you mean by that Garin? Umm they made him too human? He falls in love and he seems to be some super hero wanting to save everybody now. Didn't one of the Doctors die of radiation and David absorbed lots of it in one episode and contained it in his shoe.

I really should go back and watch all the classics because I dont really know what the Doctor was like. I guess they were all different.
Sat 05/05/07 at 16:42
Regular
This Doctor Who is hot.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.