GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Sun 22/04/07 at 22:36
Regular
"Mooching around"
On what? :)
Mon 23/04/07 at 11:40
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Chaos wrote:
> Can only have 12 doctors in total as well... Not long now =P

No doubt they'll make a loophole in that though.
Mon 23/04/07 at 12:15
Regular
I just hope Doctors stick around longer than just one or two years. It was annoying when Christopher left after just one, making him the shortest living Doctor. David is likely to leave after 3 series is it?

Tom Baker was the man when he took it on for 7 years right? I hope they give us a new qwirky 40s+ Doctor, instead of some handsome early 30s who falls in love with assistants.

Oh and I really dont want that guy from Full Monty to be the next Doctor. Lets go with a different look this time.
Mon 23/04/07 at 14:25
"possibly impossible"
No-one ever seems to get the guessing right as to new Doctors, so I wouldn't worry.

I think these days 3 years is quite a long time to spend in such a big role. That said, look at Star Trek and X-Files and you're looking at the main characters staying on for 6-9 years, but then they might begin to hate the job and it shows in their acting. (Gillian Anderson was tied into her contract for 7 years or so then had to renew for a couple of years just to make enough money to keep going. She hated going to work after a while).

I think 3 years is ok for Doctor Who though, it keeps things interesting and you have to remember it's an entirely new format compared to the classic series. But, yes, it will be sad to see David Tennant eventually leave, he's been perfect as The Doctor.
Mon 23/04/07 at 14:55
Regular
I read about Scully hating her job the other day. To be honest that kinda ruins the show for me a bit. That she really hated doing it. =(

David has been great =) I'm glad to hear Billy was sad to go because she had so much fun doing it. Kinda wish Anderson had fun too.
Mon 23/04/07 at 17:18
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> On what? :)

The latest ep.
Sun 29/04/07 at 11:30
Regular
"Mooching around"
So much for the nice Daleks then, eh?

I knew the dalaks would turn on HumanDalek man as soon as they said "I obey". Seems a little inspired of "Genesis of the Daleks".
Sun 29/04/07 at 12:59
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I enjoyed the first two episodes of this series and didn't even mind the 'motorway' one. Didn't like the last two though. When they ended last weeks episode with 'I am a humandalek' my first though was - you HATE humans you'd never call yourself a humandalek.

Don't know why the picked the empire state building either. There is a new office block in Leeds that I've been calling 'Dalek Central' for at least 6 months :D

Oh and Hi /wave
Sun 29/04/07 at 18:21
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> So much for the nice Daleks then, eh?
>
> I knew the dalaks would turn on HumanDalek man as soon as they
> said "I obey". Seems a little inspired of
> "Genesis of the Daleks".

I think we all saw that coming :) but I thought this new daleks would have special powers, I guess they dont. It's the dalek machines that make them deadly not the dalek themselves. Well that's not entirely true. They have no emotions so I think that makes them just as deadly.
Sun 29/04/07 at 18:34
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> I enjoyed the first two episodes of this series and didn't even
> mind the 'motorway' one. Didn't like the last two though. When
> they ended last weeks episode with 'I am a humandalek' my first
> though was - you HATE humans you'd never call yourself a
> humandalek.

I thought that too. You'd think they'd try and take over the world and exist as just 4 daleks. Surely that's enough, when did daleks suddenly feel the need to procreate.

> Don't know why the picked the empire state building either.
> There is a new office block in Leeds that I've been calling
> 'Dalek Central' for at least 6 months :D

aww I wanna see this dalek central now =D. Yeah wasn't the last story set in New York as well? When are we going to see new worlds. Remember sleepy, the tardis travels through time and SPACE, not just time. Otherwise it would just be like Bill & Ted =)

In the classic DR Who atleast they had a go at it. You'd think with this bigger budget and advanced special effects, that they could create a world without any problem.

I tire of Earth and the present day. At this rate they'll have to make series 4 all about alien worlds to make up for the lack of them =)

> Oh and Hi /wave

Hello Sleepy, didn't think you were a Dr Who fan. I'm probably the biggest fan although pb has seen far more than me. But then he would never spend a grand and buy his own fullscale dalek =D I'll get one this year *fingers crossed*

I have to agree with the TV guide, David is a really good Dr, he seems to abuse his body alot though. He seems more super human then the others. As for Martha, she's not doing so well. She's pretty much Rose II and I'd have liked someone different. Maybe an Ace II, carrying around a baseball bat ready to whack some daleks =D
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.