GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Sat 05/04/08 at 22:20
"possibly impossible"
Torchwood - great end to the series, and what a shock!

Doctor Who - wow! My Saturday nights are complete again. And the announcer saying the show would be on at the later time of 6:45 made me chuckle. BBC backing down against the might of Davies wrath? Hah.
Sat 05/04/08 at 13:13
Regular
"Mooching around"
So, who's excited today? :)

Oh, and did anyone else catch Torchwood last night?
Fri 04/04/08 at 21:20
Regular
Cheers pb, yeah I remember Colin Baker saying something about not working on Dr Who as it meant you could never play the Doctor.

There's a lot of DR Who articles today, so far the reviews for the first episode have been good. Lots of pictures too and even an article about how every actor wants to have a part in Doctor Who.

pb any chance you could create a Dr Who Series 4 thread please. I'm worried I'll confuse and discourage people chatting about the newer episodes if I carry on posting comments and questions about the "classic" series.
Fri 04/04/08 at 13:51
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> I finished watching Destiny of the Daleks, what was up with
> Romana regenrating like that? I didnt know Timelords could choose

New Master?

> how they look. I don't suppose you know how it came about that
> the original Romana was replaced?
>
Mary (Tamm) didn't want to continue, and as Lalla Ward had already impressed them as Princess Astra the story was written that she would choose to regenerate with the same features as Astra, which is an interesting way of getting around the idea. See Martha Jones for a more recent example of explaining away an actress being two different characters.

Of course, they didn't even bother acknowledging Colin Baker's initial appearance as a guard then re-appearence as The Doctor.

> Now I'm watching City of Death. They're running around Paris,
> it's funny seeing people look at the camera wondering whats going
> on.
>
> It's Friday right? Yay, it's on tomorrow, you recording it pb?

Will have it on Sky+
Fri 04/04/08 at 12:10
Regular
I finished watching Destiny of the Daleks, what was up with Romana regenrating like that? I didnt know Timelords could choose how they look. I don't suppose you know how it came about that the original Romana was replaced?

Now I'm watching City of Death. They're running around Paris, it's funny seeing people look at the camera wondering whats going on.

It's Friday right? Yay, it's on tomorrow, you recording it pb?
Wed 02/04/08 at 21:08
Regular
pb wrote:
> Romana regenerated, hence Romana II. (end of Key to Time series,
> I believe)...oh, actually the story directly after this: Destiny
> of the Daleks. Stupid mistake.

Ah thank you, I'll try and find it now :) I just finished watching the Claws of Axos. Another good Master serial.
Wed 02/04/08 at 14:34
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> Does it say much about the 4 companions that'll be in the
> series?
>
Well, as I said before, there's an emphasis on cloning with the Sontarans.

> I hope it's Davros, I thought they were going to take a break
> from daleks though.

Daleks are definitely in it at the end.

>
> I heard she was going to be in an episode but they wanted her to
> wait more because they had a better role for her. I guess she
> really is going to be the daughter of Dr Who. Have you seen her
> in anything before? I wouldnt mind another female Time Lord. I
> watched a serial recently with Romana II, she's hot :D I wonder
> what happened to the first one :/

Romana regenerated, hence Romana II. (end of Key to Time series, I believe)...oh, actually the story directly after this: Destiny of the Daleks. Stupid mistake.
Wed 02/04/08 at 13:11
Regular
Does it say much about the 4 companions that'll be in the series?

I hope it's Davros, I thought they were going to take a break from daleks though. I love the daleks more than anything but I havent really enjoyed the recent ones compared to some of the older ones I've been watching. It must have been those flying daleks that put me off. Daleks shouldnt fly, they should only hover. I don't want to see them zooming across the skies. It's like zombies that run, it's just wrong!

I heard she was going to be in an episode but they wanted her to wait more because they had a better role for her. I guess she really is going to be the daughter of Dr Who. Have you seen her in anything before? I wouldnt mind another female Time Lord. I watched a serial recently with Romana II, she's hot :D I wonder what happened to the first one :/
Wed 02/04/08 at 11:01
"possibly impossible"
So it will be The Doctor's Daughter.

This issue of Radio Times has Davies saying that particular episode does exactly what it says.

Should be interesting (not least for the fact that the 5th Doctor's real daughter is playing The Doctor's daughter) but that he's never really mentioned her before. Which might mean that there are a lot of references to Susan.

Radio Times has a good rundown of all the episodes (as they did last year), the ending promises to bring back another ancient adversary. So Davros then?
Sun 30/03/08 at 19:54
"possibly impossible"
Doesn't make much sense to me either, but then I guess the BBC can always move it if they see it losing viewers, no schedule is set in stone these days.

Interesting to note that it was partially a schedule move (albiet from a Saturday to a weekday) that did for Doctor Who in the old days too.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.