GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Fri 22/02/08 at 15:40
Regular
The Master certainly makes things interesting. I wonder if they'll bring him back in the next series.

I'm not really sure who Romana is, but looking on Wikipedia she's a Timelord who went off to e-space with K9. I thought Sarah Jane had K9? Something about a scene in The Five Doctors but I didnt see anything.

Yeah I think it would be nice if they brought her back, I'll have to see some episodes of her, might be some on YouTube.

So here are all the companions. I hardly recognise any of them. What's the Kamelion?

Garin which ones your favourite companion? I'll take a guess, is it Bonnie Langford? I should have know, it was the hair and outfits she wore right? ;)
Fri 22/02/08 at 15:20
"possibly impossible"
The thing with the McCoy era was the constant mumblings that he was more than just a Timelord. Actually, some of that has flowed through to the new series, but that's where it all started and why it was such a shame they cancelled when they did (though it all turned out ok, as we know!)

There were only mentions of Timelords and Gallifrey history (Hand of Omega etc) rather than elaborate sets and costumes.

I think basing stories on Gallifrey is a mistake, most of the classic series episodes that did that were less interesting than the space or Earthbound ones, but flashbacks and guest characters would be good.

The Master is interesting because he's a match for The Doctor, another Timelord that actually beat him in tests at School. The fact that they were friends as kids makes it all the more personal. That's why bringing back Romana would be good, a companion who was equal in wits, brains and regeneration and was president of the high council before Gallifrey disappeared.

Since E-space can't be detected by Timelords, it's a good excuse as to why he can't detect any other Timelords at present....
Fri 22/02/08 at 15:03
Regular
Garin wrote:
> pb wrote:
> - More Gallifrey or Timewar flashbacks
>
> I'd bet Machie's life that we'll learn that Gallifrey still
> exists sooner or later.

Oh dear, then I wish for my own death as I'd like them to reveal that. It would be a shame to wipe them out completely. From watching The Three Doctors and The Five Doctors (are the any more versions?) I had no idea how much Gallifrey and the Timelords were involved with the Doctor.

Is it because McCoy didn't have much to do with them, as I grew up watching him.
Fri 22/02/08 at 14:59
Regular
pb wrote:
> I know, I could have kicked myself!
>
> Yeah, Daleks need a break, Cybermen too, though I'd love to see
> a battle between the Cybermen from the alternative Earth and the
> ones from Mondas.

That would be good, which reminds me I need to go find that imperial dalek story on YouTube again. Dalek vs Dalek, theres nothing better. Though Cybermen vs Cybermen could be good. I saw a YouTube comment not long ago agreeing with what you said. That the first Cybermen were probably the most scary.
Fri 22/02/08 at 14:51
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
pb wrote:
> - More Gallifrey or Timewar flashbacks

I'd bet Machie's life that we'll learn that Gallifrey still exists sooner or later.
Fri 22/02/08 at 14:02
"possibly impossible"
I know, I could have kicked myself!

Yeah, Daleks need a break, Cybermen too, though I'd love to see a battle between the Cybermen from the alternative Earth and the ones from Mondas.
Fri 22/02/08 at 12:54
Regular
Aww how can you miss the free Bessie model :S and you call yourself a fan!

Davros and Brigadier, that'd be great :D Some good suggestions there pb. I notice Daleks and Cybermen are absent from your list. I guess like most you feel they need a break too.
Fri 22/02/08 at 12:07
"possibly impossible"
Wants for the new series (or two!):

- Davros (possible that we might get that)
- Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. Well UNIT is still around and Martha now works for them. In the books, The Brigadier manages to rejuvenate himself and refuses to retire gracefully, so why not?

- K9 and Sarah Jane make a re-appearance.
- Romana, or at least some news that she survived some how (E-space?)
- The Master back again
- More Gallifrey or Timewar flashbacks
- TARDIS chameleon circuit
Mon 18/02/08 at 00:47
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> I'm watching The Three Doctors now :)

Got that on DVD too! Missed out on the version that came with a free model of Bessie (3rd Docs car) though :(
Mon 18/02/08 at 00:46
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> I saw The Five Doctors for the first time yesterday (on YouTube)
> and I loved it :) It was like watching 4 Dr Who episodes at once.

Funny, Ana Maria just finished watching it too, she wanted to see some old Doctor Who. New version of it comes out on DVD soon, with loads of extras and apparently has a secret commentary track with a certain current Doctor...

> I've not really seen anything of the second Doctor, he's quite
> amusing, am I sadly right in thinking that most of his stuff is
> destroyed? Such a waste :( Though I read somewhere that every
> single episode that was lost is still available but only in
> audio? I guess as VCRs didn't exist at the time, the fans could
> only record the audio. Well that's better than nothing I suppose
> :) that must be why they got Cosgrove Hall to animate some
> episodes. Are they any good?
>

The Invasion? Excellent. Used to have the old VHS with the commentary by Nicholas Courtney covering the missing episodes, but the Cosgrove Hall episodes fit in perfectly on the new DVD. It's a real classic story as well, as long as you don't get put off by the original Cyberman voices.

Lets hope they do some more lost episodes or even complete stories.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.