GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Doctor Who Classic (and new) Chat"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/12/06 at 11:23
"possibly impossible"
Mainly as Machie and I seem to spend half the time on the WLT chatting about Doctor Who...

Here's my current favourites;

Best Classic Episode: Genesis of the Daleks (Tom Baker)

Best Classic Doctor: Late 7th Doctor - when the stories got darker and the character really developed into something more than just a Timelord.

Best DVD: The Invasion

Best New Doctor Who Episode: Army of Ghosts / Doomsday
Page:
Tue 25/03/08 at 13:55
Regular
Those videos are getting a lot of hits on youtube. It seems everyones pretty excited.

pb there's something I wanted to talk to you about. I'm a huge TinTin fan, I'm not sure if you're aware of the comics/animation. Anyway Steven Spielberg and Peter Jackson are suppose to direct the 3 movies. It's still a rumour but on imdb news they mention Thomas Sangster. You might not know the name but he's the boy from The Family of Blood & Human Nature episodes.

Anyway, I think he'd make a very good choice as I was very impressed by his performance in those episodes. I havent seen any of his other works mind.
Mon 24/03/08 at 18:05
"possibly impossible"
Machie wrote:
> pb have you ever heard about/seen The Airzone Solution?

Haven't seen it, but I like the BBV stuff, watched all the early who spinoff titles on video ages ago, good writing but no budget.

Anyway, 3 short trailers online in addition to the main one now...

Ood, Sontaran and....Dalek.

Also, the main trailer, Sontarans deal in Clone technology, Martha and Rose look wet, like they've come out of some primordial ooze....just a though (and probably wrong).
Sat 22/03/08 at 17:06
Regular
pb have you ever heard about/seen The Airzone Solution?
Thu 20/03/08 at 23:34
Regular
Cool I'll have to check it out :)

You have to admit though, things are going pretty sweet for Doctor Who. I mean it doesn't take much for newspapers to print something about the series. I don't know whether it was ever like that in the old series. I'm glad they're not going to over do it and have a break after this next series.
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:57
"possibly impossible"
Yes. Unfortunately there are moee like them around.

For a more British take on Whovians, the excellent Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf is fantastic listening and a recommended audiobook download.
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:48
Regular
Ah yes him too, I enjoyed those episodes but YOU'RE WRONG, PAUL MCGANN IS A FRAUD!! :D

They thought that was a nice touch too (RE: a 2 hour long podcast that an american webcomic guy did with his 2 old school friends)
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:42
"possibly impossible"
Moffat's an old hand at Who stories, so yes I do enjoy his take on The Doctor. Paul Cornell is another old hand who is unfortunately not being used as a writer for this coming season, but has written some wonderful New Adventures (one of which because the fantastic Human Nature/Family of Blood 2 parter which is now infamous for shutting up some of the fans about whether the 8th Doctor, as played by Paul Mcgann, was considered part of the true Whoniverse.
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:36
Regular
Do you have a favourite writer yet pb? I have to say I enjoyed Steven Moffat episodes, The Empty Child, The Girl in the Fireplace and Blink. Not sure if they're your cup of tea.
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:32
"possibly impossible"
He tends to hog the first and last few episodes and let everyone else get on with the ones in the middle (bar a few) every season.
Thu 20/03/08 at 22:28
Regular
I'll look forward to that :) Though I just noticed we have to wait a month to see the Sontarans return :(

Looking at the episode list I'm surprised there's quite a few people working on the series. I was under the impression that R T Davies was writing and directing them all :S (heaven knows why I thought that)
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.