GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:58
Regular
I have a working N64 and all my games (most without boxes)

However, I need the memory expansion, new memory cards and new controllers as all of mine have at least one button that doesn't work properly.

:(
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> *head pops*
>
> I really need to get my N64 back. All this talk of Perfect Dark makes
> me drool, really want to play Banjo again as well.

I know. I have my '64 still, but I need all the games back. I'm got rid of all but a select masterclass few (which I shall be playing again, for certain), but PD, Banjo K/T, DK64 (I LIKED IT), and others must be GOT!

The Klobb was funny. Double Klobb was so silly, the noise it made was hilarious.
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:45
Regular
The KLOBB was refered to as the 'staple gun' around here, due to it firing pretty fast and doing no damage whatsoever.
Sun 22/08/04 at 17:14
Regular
*head pops*

I really need to get my N64 back. All this talk of Perfect Dark makes me drool, really want to play Banjo again as well.
Sun 22/08/04 at 16:36
Regular
Ah the KLOBB or whatever it was.
Sun 22/08/04 at 12:03
Regular
"bit of a brain"
And then you could use all the classic Goldeneye guns in the one player. I seem to remember that they made the Dostovei seem more rubbish though, which was a shame, as it was the best pistol in Goldeneye.
Sun 22/08/04 at 11:44
Regular
I used to love completing that gun practice mode thing.
Sun 22/08/04 at 02:20
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
PD was excellent. I remember getting it for christmas and playing the nuts off it. I thought it was a little weird at first and then it just became awesome. It was another one of those gaming moments.

Yeah I used to pop those 2 guys with bolts all day. The bots just made the game great. Laptop gun was so cool.

I remember being with the laptop gun and messing around in the lifts. Like making loads of noise and calling the lift, when you figured it out you would make it just in time and doors were bulletproof but the sides wernt if I remember correctly, I remember popping loads of people that way.

Unlimited ways to amuse yourself.
Sat 21/08/04 at 16:13
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Yeah but TS2 wasn't as good as PD, or even GoldenEye.
>
> Despite practically making a clone of those two games, it's quite
> shocking they couldn't even manage to match their standards, let
> alone pass them.

Timesplitters was not a clone of these two games.

Goldeneye was a single player shooter with multiplayer added on.

Perfect Dark was a single player shooter with an advanced multiplayer mode.

Timesplitters is just a really silly, enjoyable shoot 'em up... PD and Goldeneye were serious titles...

Timesplitters played nothing like the above games, Free Radical could do with an advanced single player mode.... but only if the game suddenly became serious would we be able to make good comparison to Perfect Dark.

As it doesn't we should just enjoy it as one of the most enjoyable FPS's on the console.
Sat 21/08/04 at 15:45
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Theres nothing wrong with the cartoony style characters in Timesplitters 2. It's been highly acclaimed as one of the best FPS around, and I personally think it adds plenty of humour to the game. Look at the graphics in Second Sight, they are great.

Perfect Dark was all about realism, as it had some of the best lighting effects on the N64 and graphically was superb.

But will Rare succeed with the new cartoon-style Joanna. Well probably not.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.