GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Sat 21/08/04 at 04:16
Regular
Yeah.

Perfect Dark with Xbox/GC standard graphics (with NO slowdown) and an abundance of online options would make it the best FPS around again.

Infact, even if they made a completely original one, I'd like the old one tacked on, like OOT on the Windwaker Bonus disc.

Timesplitters?

Free Radical just refuse to take anything serious enough! :-)
I think they could potentially, but they just don't want to.
They prefer their cartoony slog outs with clumsy aiming rather than PD's slick style.
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:23
Regular
Yeah but TS2 wasn't as good as PD, or even GoldenEye.

Despite practically making a clone of those two games, it's quite shocking they couldn't even manage to match their standards, let alone pass them.
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:15
Regular
I have no problem with that as long as they perfect the formula. Online Perfect Dark sounds excellent to me, infact I'd be more than happy if they released the same game with online play and tarted up graphics.
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:10
Regular
Free Radical don't have the ability to invent or innovate enough to produce the next PD.

Look at TS2, it was nothing. Everything was just taken from GoldenEye 007 and Perfect Dark with absolutely nothing new thrown in.
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:07
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> There was just so much too Perfect Dark... so looking forward to the
> X-box or X-box 2 version.

I'm not. Infact I'm almost dreading what the current Rare will do with the franchise.

Timesplitters 3 is gonna be the closest we get to a Perfect Dark sequel. 16 player online? yes please.
Sat 21/08/04 at 02:02
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Perfect Dark was a great game. You know in the datadyne centre that
> you could go and look around at the menu? You know the Gun training
> thingy, and there's that annoying guy outside the door? and the guy
> sitting at the PC? You can actually shoot the guy standing up.
> Not
> gonna tell you how though :D

You could shoot them both. If I remember correctly there was box you push in the way so the door doesn't close all completly when you go into the target practice bit, and then you were free to pick a weapon and shoot the crap out of them. Crossbow worked the best of course because you could stick arrows in their heads and they came out the other side which looked excellent.
Sat 21/08/04 at 00:17
Regular
There was just so much too Perfect Dark... so looking forward to the X-box or X-box 2 version.

X-box £99.99... yes please.
Fri 20/08/04 at 23:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Herr Dark Wolf wrote:
> Perfect Dark was a great game. You know in the datadyne centre that
> you could go and look around at the menu? You know the Gun training
> thingy, and there's that annoying guy outside the door? and the guy
> sitting at the PC? You can actually shoot the guy standing up. Not
> gonna tell you how though :D

You mean the Carrington Institute?

Philisitine.

I could pepper them with crossbow bolts all day.
Mon 16/08/04 at 17:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
eBay would be my only suggestion.
Mon 16/08/04 at 16:28
Regular
So, does anyone have a clue where I can get the Perfect Dark soundtrack? Yes, it does exist.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.