GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Mon 23/08/04 at 07:41
Regular
Tiltawhirl wrote:
> Click Clock Wood on DK64 was worth the price of admission alone.

I prefered Banjo Kazooie.
Mon 23/08/04 at 01:54
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
It really was a stupid weapon.

You would stand there shooting and the guy would take like 5 hits to die.

Lol
Mon 23/08/04 at 01:26
Regular
Yes, I can also testify that to be true.
Sun 22/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Actually i recall multiple occasions where being shot with a klobb did not kill the person even in one hit kills.
Sun 22/08/04 at 22:44
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Was useful if you happened to be playing one hit kills.
Sun 22/08/04 at 22:36
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> The KLOBB was refered to as the 'staple gun' around here, due to it
> firing pretty fast and doing no damage whatsoever.

Excellent, it was a bloody awful weapon, i preferred bareknuckle fighting to using that cack.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:32
Regular
Yeah the castle level was genius!

Specially liked the rollercoaster ride mini games and the races, me thinks they were the highlights of the games. Some of the other mini games got a bit annoying after a while though, still a really good game.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:09
Regular
"gsybe you!"
EXACTLY, that was a great level. That and that Factory one were brilliant. Gloomy FU**ING Galleon was terrible. The first and second levels were okay.....the ice and castle ones were really good, although the ice one wasn't always great.
Sun 22/08/04 at 19:05
Regular
Click Clock Wood on DK64 was worth the price of admission alone.
Sun 22/08/04 at 18:59
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Indeed.

My two controllers are slowly rotting into dust - even when in use, it's just because they're old.

I have a proper good memory card now, WHICH MEANS RUSH IS SAVED!

YAHOO!

I need a new Mem. Exp pack though.

When I get payed, I'm going on Ebay/Amazon wherever, and buying a whole load of N64 crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.