GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Mon 27/09/04 at 22:37
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yuri_Fan wrote:
> Ahhh, Rareware. The best thing to come out of Britain since John
> Cleese and co.

Except now Free Radical > Rareware.
Mon 27/09/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Braaains"
Now if they don't produce something good, heads are going to roll at Microsoft.
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Ahhh, Rareware. The best thing to come out of Britain since John Cleese and co.
Mon 27/09/04 at 20:24
Regular
I've been playing a lot of perfect dark today. Thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

You can congratulate me now, or perhaps a card expressing how happy you are for me would be appreciated.
Mon 23/08/04 at 17:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
DK64 was never a good game.
Mon 23/08/04 at 16:31
Regular
Indeed you are.
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:12
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I never liked Perfect Dark. I was in love with Goldeneye so much that I just couldn't get used to it, I was also young when I got it anyway and to me they were two very similar games and they used to cost about £50-60 each so whenn I played PD I took it back because it wasn't worth the money when I still had Goldeneye.

I'm gonna get bundled with insults now.

>_<
Mon 23/08/04 at 11:06
Regular
DK64 was excellent and the Klobb was funny.

Power Weapons on stack, or pistols with one shot kills on pretty much any level were the best settings. Remote mines on most levels was excellent as well.
Mon 23/08/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
DK64 was awful. The Klobb was awful. Temple, Rocket launchers, No aim, No sight, One hit kills ruled.
Mon 23/08/04 at 10:34
Regular
So did I, but DK64 was still an excellent game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.