GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Mon 16/08/04 at 16:22
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Ahh I remember emptying round after round of ammo from my laptop gun on mates. Then throwing it at them.
Mon 16/08/04 at 12:53
Regular
"gsybe you!"
gerrid wrote:
> Except that it suffered from crippling slowdown ALL THE TIME.

I loved it still.

PD's amount of options and sheer range of stuff to do has never been matched.

I liked running around Area 51 giving people lethal injections.

And that snow level rocked, it was HUGE.

I always got lost, but sniped the president(s) all the same.

I must get.
Mon 16/08/04 at 09:56
Regular
Perfect Dark was a great game. You know in the datadyne centre that you could go and look around at the menu? You know the Gun training thingy, and there's that annoying guy outside the door? and the guy sitting at the PC? You can actually shoot the guy standing up. Not gonna tell you how though :D
Sun 15/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
On the N64.

But by the end, what COULD the N64 handle without crippling slowdown?

New generation devellopers have NO excuse.

When this comes out and Conker and Kameo are discounted, it looks like I'll finally be picking up an Xbox.
Talking of which, where is Kameo nowdays? :-S
Sat 14/08/04 at 22:16
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Except that it suffered from crippling slowdown ALL THE TIME.
Sat 14/08/04 at 20:23
Regular
What I want to know is why no FPS ever, after it, has incorporated the Counter-Operative mode.
That rocked muchly, as one player goes around with laods of health, one life, and crappy guns (though they get better guns) and another is running around with crappy guys, low health, but better guns (usually) trying ot stop the other.

Counter-op mode owns all other modes in all other games.Eva.
Sat 14/08/04 at 13:40
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Goldeneye was a better overall game. But Perfect Dark still = genius. Plus it had better guns, like the cyclone, the laptop gun, and the crazy one that could see through walls but made you dizzy. Yes. Oh, and it had bots. If Goldeneye had bots, Perfect Dark would have been nothing.
Sat 14/08/04 at 01:04
Regular
It was good but not brilliant single player campaign got silly and was not quite as good as Goldeneyes however Multiplayer was brilliant.
Shame though if it was made by those people who left Rare and eventually created Free Radical who made the Timesplitters series who knows how much better it could of been.
Sat 14/08/04 at 01:03
Regular
oh btw, dies anyone know where I canb yuyu the Perfect Dark soundtrack? Trust me, it does exist, but all retailers dont stock it anymore.
Sat 14/08/04 at 00:17
Regular
DOn't forget the music too, that was amaizng.
and the little things, like scaring the shyte out of carrington in the trainig level, n-bombs and the mafia style gun up to the head were brilliant touches

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.