GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Dark"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Perfect Dark'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:24
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Really, really, really was the business wasn't it.

I remember when it came out - everybody wanted to play it - girls I knew, guys I knew, Playstation owners, ANYone with a slight interest in games, they wanted it.

Screw the Goldeneye/PD debate, this is about eulogising PD.

Seriously, it was just class. The sheer amount of stuff you could do. You could waste hours just chasing people with remote mines, making them do all kinds of crazy stuff......anything.

That villa level in multi with double Cyclones and 8 DarkSim Elvis's. So damn fun.......ANY level with ANY settings was genius, and the single player was terrific. The challenges, the weapons, the enemies, the difficulty balance, the single player - the Datadyne levels rocked.

I need to get it again, I actually never bought it, just had it very extended periods of time from a friend, who was clearly insane.
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:42
Regular
No, they're redoing the conker game.
Thu 30/09/04 at 01:34
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
If Rareware want the LTO(Long Time Overdue) Perfect Dark Zero to sell loads of copies, they should bung in the N64 original.

Well, that's what they're Doing with the Conker Game.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:26
cookie monster wrote:
> I wish you could download the whole lot in one fell swoop.
>
> :(

Yeah, it happens on a lot of sites; say a page showing all the ppts or movies for a show or something; it's why I had an idea of developing a link catcher that downloads everything. I'm sure it's already done, but it's one of those programs that I want to learn myself.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:06
Nonetheless, despite the free tracks, I'm still going to have a go on the ebay auction.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I wish you could download the whole lot in one fell swoop.

:(
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:01
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> Why the hell would I buy it, when you can download all the tracks for
> free, and perfectly legally, from this website :
>
> [URL]http://www.planetnintendo.com/perfectdark/audio/[/URL]
>
> I have the whole lot in my music library, surely one of the best
> soundtracks in history.

Love ya Borat.
Wed 29/09/04 at 22:00
N64 Fan wrote:
> Icarus mk2 wrote:
> So, does anyone have a clue where I can get the Perfect Dark
> soundtrack? Yes, it does exist.
>
> I've said it a million times here that the soundtrack to PD was NEVER
> released here in the UK. It was only ever available in the States
> direct from Nintendo at $12. I bought 2 copies. Now, NOA wouldn't
> post outside North America so I had them sent to a friend in the
> States who sent them on to me. At $12 they were a bargain. There is
> currently one on E-Bay selling for $100 (buy it now) or there is
> another one up for auction but I know it wont go for less than $70!!!

A million times? As a JAT?

Anyway, I know it was never released in the UK, as are most popular game soundtracks... most I've bought are imported from the US... cheers for the info though.
Wed 29/09/04 at 21:41
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Borat, you genius!

ALIEN CONFLICT!

I loved that one!

Ahhhhhh.......that's the stuff, the music I massacred all and sundry to!
Wed 29/09/04 at 11:17
Regular
Why the hell would I buy it, when you can download all the tracks for free, and perfectly legally, from this website :

[URL]http://www.planetnintendo.com/perfectdark/audio/[/URL]

I have the whole lot in my music library, surely one of the best soundtracks in history.
Tue 28/09/04 at 09:32
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Icarus mk2 wrote:
> So, does anyone have a clue where I can get the Perfect Dark
> soundtrack? Yes, it does exist.

I've said it a million times here that the soundtrack to PD was NEVER released here in the UK. It was only ever available in the States direct from Nintendo at $12. I bought 2 copies. Now, NOA wouldn't post outside North America so I had them sent to a friend in the States who sent them on to me. At $12 they were a bargain. There is currently one on E-Bay selling for $100 (buy it now) or there is another one up for auction but I know it wont go for less than $70!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.