GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's coming, oh baby it's coming.

No details yet, but it's apparently been in development since 2002. There's loads of exclusive info about it in the October issue of Game Informer, so I guess when that comes out we'll be able to get all the first bits of info and screenshots of it.

This has gone right up to near the top of my most wanted list that's for sure.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:46
"The Will of D."
The island of Solstheim in bloodmoon is quite huge, but only a quarter of the size of morrowind. But Mournhold city is a very large city, plus there are lots of caves and sewers underneath the city to keep you busy for a while.
Wed 06/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
How about Tribunal?

And can you travel between each area in game - so you visit a certain sailor or Stilt Rider and they can transport you to another 'game world' as it were?
Wed 06/10/04 at 19:39
"The Will of D."
they aren't on another world exactly, and you could swim to solstheim as it's on the top right corner of your map. Tribunal is bascially only set in the city of Mournhold and underneath it, but it's very big, and will keep you busy for a while. The transport to mournhold will become available after you sleep (you'll see....), and to get to solstheim island you take a boat service from Khull for a normal small charge.

I recommend that you have a high level for both games as they are no walk in the park, so either complete the main morrowind story arc then take them on, or take them on at a slow enough pace to get stronger gradually enough to overcome them.
Wed 06/10/04 at 21:11
Regular
Can anyone give any advice on "quicker travelling" within the game?

Walking to places like Pelagaid is becoming a chore.
Wed 06/10/04 at 22:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Yeah, get your athletics skill higher. ;)

Seriously, I can now run/jump all over the place at mega-speeds now - Balmora to Pelegiad takes about 3 minutes to run.

Some special boots somewhere - ask Mav.

Divine/Almsivi Intervention when you want to get to a city, Mark/Recall to quickly move between quest locations/safe areas etc.

EDIT;

*Spoilers*

[URL]http://www.buttersky.com/morrowind/[/URL]

You get really lost, use that. Or to find them boots, maybe. Just try to avert your eyes from other stuff..........oh, and I DID find the Cuirass and Crescent by myself!
Thu 07/10/04 at 09:23
"The Will of D."
If you have the PC version you could always use codes as this for me is almost the only way to travel, plus it's 100% free. If you have the xbox version there is no other way than walking and taking boats and stilt striders and of course the mages guild travel service.
for the code you just press the button on the left of the 1 which is the Ĵ`: button, this will bring up the code box. in the code box type:

coc "destination"
(you obviously put the name of the town/city you want to travel to in there, say for ald-ruhn it would be:

coc "ald-ruhn"

There is a more advanced way of using this code to travel anywhere you like includng into buildings, caves, specifically named rooms of say a telvanni fortress. But if i told you that it would ruin it a lot more than just this.
Thu 07/10/04 at 16:38
Regular
Mental!

Psycho Fox, nice one for the tip!

Cyclone, Cheers for the help, those boots of blinding speed might come in handy.
Thu 07/10/04 at 17:01
"Darth Vader 3442321"
PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
> If you have the PC version you could always use codes as this for me
> is almost the only way to travel, plus it's 100% free.

That is v.good. My biggest bugbear is having to spend ages travelling to and fro, especially as I am a werewolf and turn into a big hairy beast every night at dusk.
Thu 07/10/04 at 17:57
"The Will of D."
At first when I did the code I didn't know you had to put on the speechmarks, but when i realised that I knew it would always work.
For places like the south wall cornerclub in balmora you have to do...
coc "balmora, south wall cornerclub"
you always have to put acomma after the town name if you want to go to aspecific place in it.
Thu 07/10/04 at 18:00
Regular
Ah what, nice! That's pretty god damn cool

Now, on a different note, has anyone got a link to the Morrowind map? Because unfortuanatly I appear to of lost mine :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.