GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion'.
Thu 16/09/04 at 14:17
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
It's coming, oh baby it's coming.

No details yet, but it's apparently been in development since 2002. There's loads of exclusive info about it in the October issue of Game Informer, so I guess when that comes out we'll be able to get all the first bits of info and screenshots of it.

This has gone right up to near the top of my most wanted list that's for sure.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:15
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I did have a lvl-100 opening spell, but it was a one use thing, and it got me enough weapons to make a lot of cash.

I read in the GOTY edition on Xbox that journal thing wasn't actually fixed, but my little Quest Journal (I need a beard) is actually sufficient.

Currently got about 15 quests on the go. It seems I can only do about 5 right at the moment.

I also need a good sneak skill, to nab the Code Book off Sottilde in the Balmora Corner Club - I can kill her, but that's to messy/costly/stupid. My sneak skills are awful, so I need MORE cash to get that as well.
Thu 30/09/04 at 22:12
"The Will of D."
In the GOTY edition it has tribunal and when that is installed on the PC version that has the new journal function available, which adds a new section to it called Quests, so what you've done there is a precursor to an aldready upgraded system that is available from th start of the GOTY version for Xbox, but at least it shows your organised.
Oh well you'll just have to train a bit in security, or find one of those 1-100 unlock spells that are somewhere around that you will find useful, try mages guilds.
Thu 30/09/04 at 21:44
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm on the Xbox version, so no cheats.....

Have just ordered the GOTY edition though, woo!

I used a Master Pick on this lvl 65 - 'Lock too complex'!

RARG!

It's not really got me stuck, it's just annoying.

Oh, and I've made a little note of each quest - who/where/what/Page in Journal - I've got. It's really, really, REALLY useful.
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:48
"The Will of D."
I'd say you need to get about level 40 security, so if you've any money spare you can pay for training if of course your main attribute for security is above 40. it also depends on what type of lockpick you are using, say a master lockpick will open higher locks than the apprentice lockpick, so try a better lockpicker.
Or if you really want to cheat just press the ` button above the tab and next to the 1 and when that box appears click on the door or chest you need opening and type unlock in the box and press enter.
Thu 30/09/04 at 15:35
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Help.

I can pick level 40/50 locks, but I get to a mission-vital level 65 and it's 'too complex'. I have a spell that opens 40-60, so that's useless. Sometimes this game is random - I have opened higher than level 65 before, I swear. What level is needed? I'm at level 29 for security.

I'm stuck on several quests - well not stuck as such, I just need higher security/sneak skills for half of them, and one of them is far beyond my current means. So I'm flogging anything I find and paying trainers. Tis a little frsutrating at the moment.
Mon 27/09/04 at 08:16
"The Will of D."
oh no, i was already like 21 or so already, it's just i had tons and tons of money to spend so i used it to train in the uni, i didn't know how efective it would be. but i didn't get to train any of my medium skills, but all of my major skills to 100, so i can still level up quite a bit if i can find someone else or use them a lot to train up myself.
There's even a room that lets you use their aprentice lockpicks to try a unlock at least 6 differing locks from 10 to 95 on both doors and chests, there's no security trainer there, they just make you practice it yourself in their room, but it usually isn't as effective as using a trainer.
Something that was weird that happened while i was playing it yesterday was when i went to the manor district in ald-ruhn there was this undead/ghost eerie kinda sound and all of the doors were securely locked (unlockable) and there was a redoran ghost floating around the lower sections. I didn't know what the hell was happeneing, but i defeated the ghost after much damage done to both parties and escaped to see if it had made a difference to the inside of the manor place, but it still had the sounds and mist from before, but the ghost was still dead. weird. i couldn't even get into any of the redoran manors for some theif missions.
Sun 26/09/04 at 22:56
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Kind of takes the fun away from the game that, what would be the point in playing if you had all the advantages from the beginning?
Sun 26/09/04 at 19:19
Regular
Isn't that cheating?
Fri 24/09/04 at 21:20
"The Will of D."
i just got this mod called balmora university that lets you learn a lot of training all under one roof. First you buy an enchanted uniform that basically is a constant atrribute increaser (so personality, strength etc) is increases 10 points, then you buy an enchanted class ring (or 2) that does the same thing but worth 15 pts for each ring you wear, which is a max of 2. so overall you get all your attributes increased by 40pts! which means you can train up to 100 with all you skills if the relevant attribute is 100+, which means way more levelling up if you have millions of gold. so far i'm at level 41
Thu 23/09/04 at 21:48
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Screw it, it's more rewarding (and possible easier to work out!) doing it by yourself.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.