GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why didn't Skies sell well? :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 03:00
Regular
I've just completed it and my god what a game, you may remember me moaning about the random battles they are annoying but get past that and you have SUCH a bloody gem of a game I LOVED IT.
It stands alongside Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda in my ALL TIME favourite games,to think I actually sold it the first time I bought it and decided recently to buy it again second hand off ebay to see if I can tolerate it better!
Anyway as I've said I've been reading how this game hasn't sold so well because it's "unknown" unlike the Final Fantasy series and what a DAMN shame cos the likelihood of a sequel is slim because it didn't sell so well :(
Crap seems part of the overworks team is in the Sonic team producing other games.. DAMN YOU SEGA DAMN YOU.
Tue 21/09/04 at 11:31
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
No strategy required for any of the fights WHATSOEVER. Completely redundant magic. Why have people running around when it had practically zero effect on the area-of-effect? Besides 'a story' it had nothing else going for it. Not even any variation in the gameplay.
Tue 21/09/04 at 16:13
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Darwock wrote:
> No strategy required for any of the fights WHATSOEVER. Completely
> redundant magic. Why have people running around when it had
> practically zero effect on the area-of-effect? Besides 'a story' it
> had nothing else going for it. Not even any variation in the
> gameplay.

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong and oh, wrong.

Any variation in the gameplay? What the hell are you talking about? What about the bits with the party split in two? What about all the different lands? What about when Vyse has to adventure alone on Deserted Island?
Tue 21/09/04 at 17:36
Regular
It's not his fault he's a giant 'tard.

Actually, it probably is.
Tue 21/09/04 at 17:37
Regular
KILL HIM!!! 'COME ON DANCE FOR ME' GILDER STYLE :D
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:32
Regular
Darwock wrote:
> Completely redundant magic.

I'd agree with that one, with the exception of green and silver magic, the magic was crappy, but then again, it's always beenthat way in all RPG's, with the exception of Ultima in FF games, attacking magic always sucks.
Tue 21/09/04 at 18:55
Regular
"thursdayton!"
munn wrote:
> Darwock wrote:
> Completely redundant magic.
>
> I'd agree with that one, with the exception of green and silver
> magic, the magic was crappy, but then again, it's always beenthat way
> in all RPG's, with the exception of Ultima in FF games, attacking
> magic always sucks.

How many times has the Pyri saved my ass from attacking a whole screen of crappy foes one by one?

All the magic has it's uses, from the Quika in the Gregorio battle to miss his hull ram to the status changing effects (usefull in Boss battles) of Driln and Wevli. It's great for stat-lovers.
Tue 21/09/04 at 21:47
Regular
RPG's are an aquired taste.
Tue 21/09/04 at 21:52
Regular
So is every genre you fool.
Tue 21/09/04 at 22:13
Regular
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> So is every genre you fool.

RPG's sell to a special type of gamer...

Action shooters and FPS's, football titles and simple adventures/platformers sell to most people.

RPG's are far more difficult, they require patience, persistance and genuinly a lot of understanding for the genre.

I fail on all 3 accounts, thusly fail to enjoy skies.
Wed 22/09/04 at 02:05
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
what exactly do you mean by 'Skies'?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.