GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why didn't Skies sell well? :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 03:00
Regular
I've just completed it and my god what a game, you may remember me moaning about the random battles they are annoying but get past that and you have SUCH a bloody gem of a game I LOVED IT.
It stands alongside Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda in my ALL TIME favourite games,to think I actually sold it the first time I bought it and decided recently to buy it again second hand off ebay to see if I can tolerate it better!
Anyway as I've said I've been reading how this game hasn't sold so well because it's "unknown" unlike the Final Fantasy series and what a DAMN shame cos the likelihood of a sequel is slim because it didn't sell so well :(
Crap seems part of the overworks team is in the Sonic team producing other games.. DAMN YOU SEGA DAMN YOU.
Sun 19/09/04 at 03:00
Regular
I've just completed it and my god what a game, you may remember me moaning about the random battles they are annoying but get past that and you have SUCH a bloody gem of a game I LOVED IT.
It stands alongside Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda in my ALL TIME favourite games,to think I actually sold it the first time I bought it and decided recently to buy it again second hand off ebay to see if I can tolerate it better!
Anyway as I've said I've been reading how this game hasn't sold so well because it's "unknown" unlike the Final Fantasy series and what a DAMN shame cos the likelihood of a sequel is slim because it didn't sell so well :(
Crap seems part of the overworks team is in the Sonic team producing other games.. DAMN YOU SEGA DAMN YOU.
Sun 19/09/04 at 03:41
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's a huge shame it didn't sell well :( Sega didn't advertise enough and tried to use it's reputation from the Dreamcast to make it sell which failed. Apart from the odd section, it's damn near perfect.. probably my favourite game ever. :S
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:10
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It didn't sell well because people, in general, are rubbish.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:15
Regular
That and the fact that shops were only given like 3 copies each, so the game was no-where to be found.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:16
Regular
It had crappy graphics, so it was never going to sell well. Even though it does look wonderful.
Sun 19/09/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
It was hard to find, the graphics were too 'dated' for the gamecube and people don't always appreciate a good game when it comes out.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:08
Regular
SEGA predicted the game wouldn't sell so they only released a few thousand...

It then sold out and to SEGA's surprise they needed to make several shipments. It may not have sold well but it sold better than most, particulary to the hardcore games and believe it or not there are a lot of us.

Viewtiful Joe was the same, didn't sell well but thrashed expectations.
Sun 19/09/04 at 17:09
Regular
tphi wrote:
> Apart from the odd section, it's damn near perfect..

The odd section? Nothing is bad!
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> tphi wrote:
> Apart from the odd section, it's damn near perfect..
>
> The odd section? Nothing is bad!

I'd almost totally agree. There is a small problem that has caught me and my friend out the first time we played and we had to restart. If you really want to know, it's when you need the Secondary Cannon to stop Recumen hitting you. With hardly any kits/MP points for Sacri spells and Belleza to fight right afterwards, if you hadn't got the Secondary Cannon before you landed at Maramba, you're basically screwed.

Apart from that, yep, nothing is bad.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:09
Regular
Player incompetance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.