GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why didn't Skies sell well? :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 03:00
Regular
I've just completed it and my god what a game, you may remember me moaning about the random battles they are annoying but get past that and you have SUCH a bloody gem of a game I LOVED IT.
It stands alongside Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda in my ALL TIME favourite games,to think I actually sold it the first time I bought it and decided recently to buy it again second hand off ebay to see if I can tolerate it better!
Anyway as I've said I've been reading how this game hasn't sold so well because it's "unknown" unlike the Final Fantasy series and what a DAMN shame cos the likelihood of a sequel is slim because it didn't sell so well :(
Crap seems part of the overworks team is in the Sonic team producing other games.. DAMN YOU SEGA DAMN YOU.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:13
Regular
Skies of Arcadia > Wind Waker
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:21
Regular
Rickoss wrote:
> Skies of Arcadia > *
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:29
"period drama"
The random battles are pretty infrequent for an RPG anyways - and when you get a White Map you're laughing. As for the graphics - Skies has the most expressive characters in any game ever, so is instantly >

Probably the only game when totally 100%-ing it didn't seem like a chore - not even a little bit. Too good.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:46
Regular
Skies is a massive RPG that I just don't have time to play.

If a game is very long it has to keep me gripped for the full 20-30-40-50 etc... hours...

Zelda is the only long game that has managed to do that.

Skies failed.
Sun 19/09/04 at 18:46
Regular
In every respect other than technically, the visuals are mind blowing. If that makes sense.

I really should go back and try to complete it 100%.
Sun 19/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
My copy is still sealed.

I bought it in january.
Sun 19/09/04 at 22:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Player incompetance.

The game should have had it covered.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:23
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Possibly cos it was a rehash of a game that had already been released years before? Why buy the same thing twice? Especially when the music has been screwed up completely.
Mon 20/09/04 at 13:24
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Rickoss wrote:
> In every respect other than technically, the visuals are mind blowing.
> If that makes sense.

No it doesn't, the visuals were quite good when it was a Dreamcast game, but they haven't moved on at all for the GC version... and that looks badly dated now. Like PS one and a half graphics.
Mon 20/09/04 at 15:40
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Darwock wrote:
> Possibly cos it was a rehash of a game that had already been released
> years before? Why buy the same thing twice? Especially when the music
> has been screwed up completely.

Well there's probably a ton of people who didn't buy it first time round it would appeal to.

And yeh, the music isn't as good as the original, but it's not a reason to not buy the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.