GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why didn't Skies sell well? :("

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/09/04 at 03:00
Regular
I've just completed it and my god what a game, you may remember me moaning about the random battles they are annoying but get past that and you have SUCH a bloody gem of a game I LOVED IT.
It stands alongside Final Fantasy 7 and Zelda in my ALL TIME favourite games,to think I actually sold it the first time I bought it and decided recently to buy it again second hand off ebay to see if I can tolerate it better!
Anyway as I've said I've been reading how this game hasn't sold so well because it's "unknown" unlike the Final Fantasy series and what a DAMN shame cos the likelihood of a sequel is slim because it didn't sell so well :(
Crap seems part of the overworks team is in the Sonic team producing other games.. DAMN YOU SEGA DAMN YOU.
Wed 22/09/04 at 02:14
"I love yo... lamp."
Skies Of Arcadia. Skies is just the name shortened.
Wed 22/09/04 at 10:53
Regular
"Long time no see!"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
"...when you get a White Map you're laughing."
-----

Sorry, what's a 'White Map'?

I never had one of those. To me, the skies of random battles was the game's main downside - especially when you'd found out where to go, and wanted to get there very soon. Once I got the Yafutoman engines and could fly high-and-below them, THEN, I was laughing. :)

Aside from that, I absolutely love the adventure like any Zelda game. Except from when you couldn't save your game in-between consistant major battles, and that Zelos wouldn't die... Oh, and that Emperor bloke-thing on the Wanted List at the Sailor's Guild - I met him accidentally, unprepared, at the worst possible time, BEFORE the save point!! :(
Wed 22/09/04 at 16:41
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
> What about the bits with the party split in two? What about all the
> different lands? What about when Vyse has to adventure alone on
> Deserted Island?

Yah, well see those bits would be variation in the STORY... the game plays exactly the same as it did previously. Number of people in the party doesn't change it at all.
Wed 22/09/04 at 17:18
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Darwock wrote:
> What about the bits with the party split in two? What about all the
> different lands? What about when Vyse has to adventure alone on
> Deserted Island?
>
> Yah, well see those bits would be variation in the STORY... the game
> plays exactly the same as it did previously. Number of people in the
> party doesn't change it at all.

Vyse alone on the island searching for driftwood? The GAME plays different there from anywhere else in the game.

Little things which are completely unique in the game which aren't used in other places.

You want more examples?

Riding the Dhabus around Maramba. Jumping rooftops in Valua's Lower City chasing Marco. And the biggest is of course switching between Aika and Vyse's halves of the party in Daccat's Island. Yes, the party numbers are different, but its having to use both halves separately to navigate the dungeon which changes the game.

Now go away.
Thu 23/09/04 at 02:32
Regular
Heh pretty cool thing happened aswell in the final battle.. the finishing blow was from Fina's Cupil with a "Critical Hit" :D
I love this game :D
Thu 23/09/04 at 15:43
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I loved Cupil's spike form which dropped on the enemies heads :) Did you get the Final Cupil? Where it grows huge and sucks in the enemies and then spits them out :)
Thu 23/09/04 at 16:24
Regular
Sadly no :( I wonder what lil' cupil would/will be like in Soa 2..
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:52
Regular
"thursdayton!"
You're assuming Fina would've been in it :)
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:56
Regular
Obviously would.
Thu 23/09/04 at 21:03
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I could see the sequel set a hundred years afterwards to get enough change in the world to make it playable again. Vyse's son/grandson could have been the main character. I'd still have prefered a straightforward follow-on for a sequel but it's just a possibility.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.