GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Mon 31/10/05 at 10:54
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman
"You have a choice"
Regular stats

Speaks for itself.

You should all know by now that release dates are unreliable.
Mon 31/10/05 at 07:26
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
The JP release is definitely 16th March, the preorders based on that date have started over here.
Sun 30/10/05 at 22:03
Regular
"You have a choice"
Alright...DON'T GET YOUR HOPES UP PEOPLE!

SR are currently advertising FFXII with a November release date. NOBODY ELSE ON THE INTERNET IS SAYING THAT. In fact, March 2006 is commonly stated JAPANESE release date.

I'm sorry SR, but where are you getting your information from? Release dates are always sketchy anyway, but advertising FFXII as Novemebr seems to have no support what so ever.

Also - 305 ish posts, 18,000 words...I'm a newbie...why?!!??!
Sun 30/10/05 at 20:26
Regular
"You have a choice"
anyone seen SR recently....i assume u have...NOVEM
Sat 29/10/05 at 16:17
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Smedlos wrote:
> I'm hoping it will be good as I really enjoy the FF game series.

Amen, Smedlos.
Fri 28/10/05 at 11:20
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I'm hoping it will be good as I really enjoy the FF game series.
Wed 26/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman wrote:
> Yup. Rikku was.
>
> I'm herain that FFXIII will be thge last FF, so this makes XII the
> penultimate one if true... kind of a bummer! It's like Dr.Who, every
> generation needs final fantasy!

Fine. Prove me wrong.

Penultimate Final Fantasy? Talk about an oxymoron...
Mon 24/10/05 at 14:26
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah I know...man I'd love to be Japenese!!!!!!!!

Still, am gonna pre-order it soon (although...see If I can win gameady first! XD)
Mon 24/10/05 at 06:18
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I can't wait till this gets released - even though I'm living here I still won't buy the JP one because of the epic language barrier.
Sun 23/10/05 at 17:13
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yup. Rikku was.

I'm herain that FFXIII will be thge last FF, so this makes XII the penultimate one if true... kind of a bummer! It's like Dr.Who, every generation needs final fantasy!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.