GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Sat 22/10/05 at 20:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Rikku was blonde wasn't she?
Sat 22/10/05 at 19:40
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman wrote:
> And Tetsuya Nomura definatly has a thing with Blonde guys.....

Is FFXII the first 3D FF game with a blonde girl in the main characters?
Fri 21/10/05 at 03:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Hmmm ... we'll see, didn't like Star Ocean's battle system much, but
> it could come good. I'm getting nice feelings about XII anyway, seen
> a few trailers and apart from the lead guy being a bender again,
> everything's looking tasty.

Well, it wouldn't be right if George Clooney were the leading man.
Thu 20/10/05 at 17:19
Regular
"You have a choice"
Is it just me, or is he just an updated vers. of Tidus?

And Tetsuya Nomura definatly has a thing with Blonde guys.....

from FFVII onwards, all the lead blokes minus Squall have been blonde! (and even then, Zell was blonde. He was important-ish)
Tue 18/10/05 at 14:17
"period drama"
Hmmm ... we'll see, didn't like Star Ocean's battle system much, but it could come good. I'm getting nice feelings about XII anyway, seen a few trailers and apart from the lead guy being a bender again, everything's looking tasty.
Sun 16/10/05 at 20:31
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Sounds a bit like Lost Kingdoms. But better.
Mon 10/10/05 at 14:48
Regular
"You have a choice"
fragout123 wrote:
> Kawada wrote:
> So what battle system is it using now? If it's a hack 'n' slash
> affair i've definitely lost all interest in it
>
> Think it may be a Star ocean type battle system, you can see the
> enemies on the map, hence can avoid them, but if you touch them the
> usual battle ensues?

Nope, its ALL in real time!

you choose whether to fight or run by going to 'em or avoiding them. Its tactical battle system, but no transition. You fight in the area youare in rather than being "transported" to a battle arena.
Sun 09/10/05 at 19:46
Regular
"~DPG~"
Haven't read complete thread so sorry if i repeat stuff, but, battle system should be like FF7,8,9. There wasn't a problem, so why try and fix it? Graphics should be like FFX. The 'summons' should be like FF7, where you choose them, not battle them like the main characters!!! And what's with female lead characters? :S o well..
Sun 09/10/05 at 15:17
Regular
"What's basketball?"
Apparently it's set for a March 16th release now.
Fri 07/10/05 at 16:00
Regular
"youngest regular"
Morbo wrote:
> snake10 wrote:
> Morbo wrote:
> snake10 wrote:
>
> "crosses out ffx1 off of his christmas list
>
> FFXI is out to buy now, I got it but never played it... I never
> asked
> for it either.
> i just edited your mistake and now....
> WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!!!!!
>
> Hint: XI is 11 not 12
ooops

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.