GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:10
Regular
"Mozzy"
Coin wrote:
> VII is too old to be enticing

This is why im not sure whether to pick it up again and play it through fully. I like nice graphics and I can play a game with crap graphics too (San Andreas) but when it comes to PS1 graphics I kinda get put off. :S
Wed 05/10/05 at 15:30
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Didn't take long for it to become a *which FF is better?* debate did it :-D

Ah well FFXII, can't say i care that much what with me hating the last couple of games, whatever Nippon Ichi Software is making next will interest me far more.
Wed 05/10/05 at 01:01
Regular
"Balls"
Coin wrote:
>
> VII is too old to be enticing, IX has a nice balance. It also has the
> most involving plot / world.

How can something be too old to be exciting? It can't just stop, not when it has one of the greatest and most enthralling stories I have ever played. Quality speaks for itself, and FF7 is quality.

Not saying FF9 is appalling I do agree it does have a great story, but FF7 has even more depth to it... it's just the way one minute you could be riding a motorbike beating back enemies, then travelling on Chocobo back, followed by some under sea diving, and snowboarding. Each characters own little extra bits of stories, like Yuffie’s challenge in her hometown, Vincent’s love hidden away. And who can forget the ultimate challenge of defeating both Ruby and Emerald weapon... To me it will always be the best.
Tue 04/10/05 at 22:08
Regular
"Bicycle"
I dunno, I'd say IX is the best for your first Final Fantasy.

VII is too old to be enticing, IX has a nice balance. It also has the most involving plot / world.
Tue 04/10/05 at 20:39
"For the horde!!!!"
You could always rent it first if your not sure how good it will be but hardcore fans will buy it anyway.
Tue 04/10/05 at 17:14
Regular
"You have a choice"
January? awesome!

Yeah, all FF's have a diff story. And they're all very very good!

If you want the best game, go for FFVII (I think VIII is better, but public opinion is aginst me!) After 10 minutes you won't care in the slightest about the poor graphics. It was made 8 years ago and is well known as one of the best games ever.

If you want a great story and awesome gamplay, go for VII.
Tue 04/10/05 at 17:11
Regular
"Mozzy"
Im not a huge fan of FF games, but I haven't really given them a chance. When I got FF7 I was too young to bother completing it and didn't get far at all. When I got FF10 I played it for about 5 minutes and the game just crashed, I just couldn't be bothered after that.

Maybe i'll look out for this one as I hear each FF has a different story to the previous which is quite good because it means I dont have to play all of the other 12 FF games to play this one.

I think it's out in January.
Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.