GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Fri 07/10/05 at 12:57
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
Kawada wrote:
> So what battle system is it using now? If it's a hack 'n' slash
> affair i've definitely lost all interest in it

Think it may be a Star ocean type battle system, you can see the enemies on the map, hence can avoid them, but if you touch them the usual battle ensues?
Fri 07/10/05 at 11:18
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Rai wrote:
> The removal of turn-based battle could be a good thing, or a bad
> thing.

So what battle system is it using now? If it's a hack 'n' slash affair i've definitely lost all interest in it
Thu 06/10/05 at 23:31
Regular
"Balls"
snake10 wrote:
> Morbo wrote:
> snake10 wrote:
>
> "crosses out ffx1 off of his christmas list
>
> FFXI is out to buy now, I got it but never played it... I never
> asked
> for it either.
> i just edited your mistake and now....
> WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!!!!!

Hint: XI is 11 not 12
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:48
Regular
"Mozzy"
If it's set to be released here Early 2006, does that mean it's already out in Japan? They normally get games like this 10 years before us these days...
Thu 06/10/05 at 20:45
Regular
"youngest regular"
Morbo wrote:
> snake10 wrote:
>
>
> FFXI is out to buy now, I got it but never played it... I never asked
> for it either.
i just edited your mistake and now....
WHERE DID YOU GET IT!!!!!!
Thu 06/10/05 at 18:17
Regular
Bear in mind that X-2 was a rare "not a proper sequel" game that Squaresoft have previously avoided on PS1/2. It would have cost less to develop as its using so much in common with FFX and it still sold pretty well, particularly in the land of RPGs (can we still call them that and not think terrorism?). Let's hope that FFXII is a return to the form of 7,8,9,10 (I liked all four).

I've actually had FFXII preordered for almost a year now (order date 12/04) and as mentioned below, it looks set for an early 2006 release (according to that pl other ay site .com).
Thu 06/10/05 at 15:46
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Nothing wrong with X... I found it highly enjoyable and the Blitzball element was the best mini-game since the series of mini-games in VII.

X-2 however. Disappointing to say the least. To have an all female line-up they try making one of them (Paine) look like a bloke, and it just doesn't work. The serious "end of the world" element wasnt there either, more "lets go around in an airship and do silly mission". Hope they've learnt from it... sales wise I don't know if X-2 was a success or a dire failure.
Thu 06/10/05 at 09:03
Regular
"Balls"
snake10 wrote:

FFXI is out to buy now, I got it but never played it... I never asked for it eaither.
Thu 06/10/05 at 08:45
Regular
"youngest regular"
awwww crap.
"crosses out ffx1 off of his christmas list and starts to cry"
stupid january!
Wed 05/10/05 at 19:09
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The removal of turn-based battle could be a good thing, or a bad thing. Look at Crystal Chronicles on the cube.

Okay, bad example. But still, it's one to look out for.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.