GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy XII"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/10/05 at 17:05
Regular
"You have a choice"
I have very mixed feelings about this.

I'm looking forward to it, because it's a Final Fantasy and I lvoe FF games. However, X and X-2 were a huge disappointment to me (Especially compared to VII and VIII). The story's have been weaker, the FMVs at the end (which I found were really rewarding in VII and VIII) were short and uninteresting, and the soundtracks (X was pretty good, but X-2 was disgusting!) have been poorer.

I was disappoiinted as well to hear Nobuo Uematsu won't be doing FFXII apart from 1 song, so we can expect not to hear the tunes that have become symbolic of FF (the Victory Fanfare for instace). The other thing that worries me is the absence of Random Battles. Real Time is good, but I come to associate Random Battles with Final Fantasy, and I loved them!

What do you think? Another scratch on the name of Final Fantasy? Or are we going to see a triumphant return to form for Sakaguchi and his team?

(also...release date anyone?)
Thu 03/11/05 at 10:42
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Can't you feel the love in this room?

It's creepy. Still, here's to the new FF!
Tue 01/11/05 at 14:36
Regular
"You have a choice"
Xzibit wrote:
> Lukeman i totally agree. Final Fantasy is going rubbish! I never
> thought i would say it, but the battling system in FFX ruined it.
> From FF7-FF9 the battle system was perfect, why change it!?!
>
> I have alot off FF tunes on my PC and from One Winged Angel, to the
> Ballroom Dance on FF8 and then much of the music on FF9 was
> absolutetly fantastic and as a gamer, when you've never seen that
> before, it was special.
>
> No game has been as good as FF7 i dont think, it was a real
> role-playing-game, all others have been wannabes and i hate people
> who say Zelda is better!
>
> I just think you're like me, thats why i saying this!
>
> EDIT: I want to know why Final Fantasy Online Games are out! As much
> as i love Final Fantasy, i will not pay for it online, nor any other
> game. Once you've bought it, you shouldn't need to pay again.

We're like kindred spirits Xzibit...XD The absence of Nobuo, Random Battles and a STRAIGHT HERO will be sorely missed, but hey, it's Final Fantasy, it's gotta be something to look forward to!
Tue 01/11/05 at 04:39
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Rai wrote:
> Final Fantasy XI has ruined the FF name. End of story.

FFX-2 did that
Mon 31/10/05 at 20:25
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Xzibit wrote:
> Lukeman i totally agree. Final Fantasy is going rubbish! I never
> thought i would say it, but the battling system in FFX ruined it.
> From FF7-FF9 the battle system was perfect, why change it!?!

I loved FF9's battle system. Except for Trance. It was cool, but usually went off in the weak random battle before the boss fights.

> EDIT: I want to know why Final Fantasy Online Games are out! As much
> as i love Final Fantasy, i will not pay for it online, nor any other
> game. Once you've bought it, you shouldn't need to pay again.

Final Fantasy XI has ruined the FF name. End of story.
Mon 31/10/05 at 19:55
Regular
"~DPG~"
Lukeman i totally agree. Final Fantasy is going rubbish! I never thought i would say it, but the battling system in FFX ruined it. From FF7-FF9 the battle system was perfect, why change it!?!

I have alot off FF tunes on my PC and from One Winged Angel, to the Ballroom Dance on FF8 and then much of the music on FF9 was absolutetly fantastic and as a gamer, when you've never seen that before, it was special.

No game has been as good as FF7 i dont think, it was a real role-playing-game, all others have been wannabes and i hate people who say Zelda is better!

I just think you're like me, thats why i saying this!

EDIT: I want to know why Final Fantasy Online Games are out! As much as i love Final Fantasy, i will not pay for it online, nor any other game. Once you've bought it, you shouldn't need to pay again.
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:31
Regular
"You have a choice"
It's a bad marketing idea. Think about it, in 2007, how many PS2 owners will be saving for a PS3? Alot.

If they're saviung for a PS3, less peeps are gonna rush out and buy Final Fantasy at full price, are they?
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:27
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
They could do. FFIX was pretty damn close to the end of the Playstation's reign.
Mon 31/10/05 at 15:09
Regular
"You have a choice"
Rai wrote:
> Lukeman, you mean to say that it might be released ten months after
> the japanese version?
>
> It'll take longer.

No...

Advent Children is slated for a US (English translation) release in January. The Japenese version was released in september. September, October, November, December, January. 5 months, although really it's closer to 4.

I'm annoyed we may be waiting a whole nother year for FFXII, and hope it comes forward. May I could live with...November is just taking the P***.

There's no way it's gonna be any LATER than November next year, Rai. I mean, the PS3 is slated to come out 2007, Square sure as hell arn't gonna release FFXII the same year.
Mon 31/10/05 at 14:48
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Lukeman, you mean to say that it might be released ten months after the japanese version?

It'll take longer.
Mon 31/10/05 at 12:03
Regular
"You have a choice"
Yeah, been posting around on other forums and googling etc. The official JAPANESE release date is March 16th 06. So...well, maybe it's scheduled NEXT November?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.