GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina of Time Rocks!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/08/05 at 18:05
"Hey whats up?"
Out of the Zelda games all ready out Ocarina is the best so far in my opinion. This was one of the first Zelda game I played on. From then on Legend Of Zelda became my favourite gaming series.
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:15
Regular
"0228"
Hopefully the space will be filled with a few towns rather than grass and rocks and then a bit more grass.
Fri 05/08/05 at 14:13
"The Will of D."
Well it is gonna be 3 or 4 times bigger than even Ocarina of Time, but I read somewhere that its gonna be that big because with Ocarina of time you were taking small steps with Young Link, but with adult link you could walk from one place to another much quicker. With TP it will be made completely in size to make the world around Adult Link large so he has a very long way to walk even if he's got a large stride. So not only is the game gonna last a lot longer but the world is gong to be much bigger for a bigger character.
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:39
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Wind Waker´s map thing was only added to increase game length time, and increase Tingle hatred (if that is possible). It put me off going any further.

Ocarina of Time is a masterpiece, possibly the best game I´ve ever played. I completed Majora´s Mask recently, having borrowed it from my friend (who has the bonus disc).

Here´s hoping Twilight Princess will live up to the standard!
Fri 05/08/05 at 13:15
"The Will of D."
For me Majoras Mask was the most enjoyable because I actually managed to complete the game 100% and I managed to get the 50 out of 50 on the Octork shooting game almost everytime once I had the aiming down to a T, plus the full 1500 points on the forest shooting. All other minigames were completed as well as the Deuk Scrub game, treasure hunt game, the lovers minigames too.

I found all the fairies in all the dungeons, got all the masks as well as Feirce Diety's, all the heart pieces (so 20 out of 20 hearts) all upgrades, and all weapons. Basically this was for me the easiest Zelda game. I even managed to beat the final boss once without using Fierce Diety's mask, but man its tough.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:59
Regular
Cooky wrote:
> Yeah, but when you stop playing a game, come back to it a year later,
> quite hard to remember what the hell was going on. Just remember I
> was in the middle of doing some dungeon last time I played.

You want to start from the beginning, get re-aquainted with the storyline.
Majora's mask is still my favourite Zelda so far.
I remember that "love quest". It was the first one I tried to tackle, but I'd only be able to do a little bit and as I'd get further into the game I'd find I'd be able to get a little bit further...

As to Windwaker, it wasn't just the lack of dungeons, that was the icing on the cake. Windfall seemed a little dead, especially after the "life" in MM's ClockTown. And there were so many Islands, but 90% of them were "fillers", just there to take up space with no life or purpose, just a dead bit of rock (okay, so each Island had ONE thing to be one on them, one freak purpose, but still...).

It's like Nintendo got the cel shading engine down, mastered the combat programming, got the idea of sailing, cracked open the champagne and did the rest of the game drunk! :-S
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:33
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> these maps then earn money so you can get the treasure" was just
> a cheap tactic to draw the end of the game out, when there should have
> been more dungeons.

I think this part really killed my enjoyment of the game, cheap was exactly what I was thinking whilst playing through it. I initially bought the game and played up until you have the choice of the two temples to try and then decided not to play it again because I just wasn't enjoying it, just recently I went back to it and pretty rapidly played through it. Some parts I suppose did capture the spirit of Zelda however this definately wasn't one of those parts. The whole treasure chart idea on the whole felt very repetitive on the whole really, especially those islands which only contained those damned cannonball shooting knob cheeses - *oh look another treasure chart, surprise* . Another big gripe I had was the two dungeons which enabled the master sword to regain its power being similar in that they required the use of the sage to progress. I hate games where you have to protect/use another character whether or not they are computer controlled or controlled by me in general so I suppose that would explain that.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:24
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Some of the sections in OOT are quite difficult, though, but mostly its the mini-bosses in the dungeons, rather than anything else. The fighting in WW was so fluid and well implemented that enemies were too easy to defeat. If TW has the same fighting, the enemies need to be much harder to compensate.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:22
Regular
"NJAN"
i agree - i didnt find MM as good as OoT so never got around to completing it. OoT is my favourite from the series (completed it 4 or 5 times, god i love that game!) - im playin master quest on the gc on and off. had a link to the past on the gb but lost the bloody cartridge! where that went id sure like to know!!!
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:22
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's actually not that much easier. The thing is that it's just so similar that you know exactly what to do, whereas in MM and OOT, the puzzles were new and so it seemed harder because you weren't sure of what to do. If you go back and play OOT and WW, the difficulty is actually about the same, except for the bosses.
Thu 04/08/05 at 23:20
Regular
"The definitive tag"
JFH wrote:
> And it was far easier than other Zelda games.

Yeah, in comparison with The Ocarina Of Time, The Wind Waker was a walk in the park.

I'd prefer the difficulty level to be somewhere in between. Wind Waker was ridiculously easy and the final fight with Ganon was a joke, but Ocarina was insanely hard at times. I like a challenge, but I don't like to be challenged so much that I throw my pad at the wall.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.