GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ocarina of Time Rocks!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/08/05 at 18:05
"Hey whats up?"
Out of the Zelda games all ready out Ocarina is the best so far in my opinion. This was one of the first Zelda game I played on. From then on Legend Of Zelda became my favourite gaming series.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:56
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I remember one of the masks was so incredibly hard to get, I think it was the sun mask or something. You had to help the relationship between the girl and some dude that were staying in the Inn in East Clock Town. Then you had to run through a gauntlet-style puzzle before the mask fell into a hole in the floor... and you'd have to do it *all* over again.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:48
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Majora's Mask was indeed great. The Fierce Deity's mask makes the final fight so incredibly easy, although I imagine it would be horribly hard without it. But after collecting every one of those masks I think I deserve some sort of reward!

Anyway, if you're having trouble finding all the masks just use gamefaqs or something. It's damned hard to try and remember where they all could be when you haven't played the game for so long.

Oh and the Stone Temple is awesome.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Really, don't touch Zelda II. I have the Gold editions of both (yay me!), and II is so dreadful. I tried giving it another go on the Zelda: Collector's Disk, but then I realised why I never played it through again after longing for the end to come.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:36
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I guess you could say I'm judging all the Zelda games just from that one. I've heard that Wind Waker is good, but I also heard (back in the day) that OOT was good.

When I got my NES, a few years back, my mate also gave me all of his games. About 15-20ish, and included was the gold edition of Zelda 2. I wander if there's any point me playing it. The NES is currently in my brothers room and he never got it to work on his telly, but it works fine on mine, if you give it enoough time.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:18
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Twain wrote:
> to be honest, I've never liked Zelda ever since Ocarina of Time. And
> Ocarina of time was the only Zelda game I've ever played.

:O

You really, really, *really* need to play:

- Link to the Past
- Link's Awakening (DX if purdy colours are your thing)

I wouldn't bother with the NES games (the first one is amazing, well, to me anyway. I love that game) but don't even bother with Zelda II. That was the biggest piece of crap I've ever played. Then again, I never played the Zelda game on the Phillip's CDI or whatever it was called... that was supposed to be dreadful. Much like the cartoon. :)

"Yeeeeeess Princess", or whatever it was.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:11
Regular
So you've judged the whole series based on one game?

hmmm, you're missing out.
Thu 04/08/05 at 20:07
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
to be honest, I've never liked Zelda ever since Ocarina of Time. And Ocarina of time was the only Zelda game I've ever played.
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:59
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
> JFH wrote:
> Fierce Diety mask?

Plus, I read that if you use the Fierce Diety mask during the last battle you get a worse ending...

:)
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:57
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
JFH wrote:
> Bah, what's the point in playing it if you don't wander off in search
> of sub-quests for finding the other masks. That adds hours to the
> time it takes to finish the game and adds half the pleasure too.

Yeah, but when you stop playing a game, come back to it a year later, quite hard to remember what the hell was going on. Just remember I was in the middle of doing some dungeon last time I played.

:P
Thu 04/08/05 at 19:50
"The Will of D."
When using that big sword Z targetting and then striking sent out energy bolts at the enemies from a distance that can quickly destroy a boss within about 10 seconds, the final one (including time with the transformation scenes) gets destroyed in about 1 minute.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.