GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killer 7"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's released in a couple of weeks over here and IGN have just reviewed the US version.

8.1 - they said it was a great experience, but with archaic controls and most definitely a case of style over gameplay. However, apparently the puzzles are decent, the shooty bits are great and there are some crazy bosses, and overall it sounds excellent. I'm definitely getting it. It's good to know that it isn't a complete failure, as it easily could have been.

Bring on the 15th.
Sun 17/07/05 at 17:09
Regular
gimo80 wrote:
> Oh, and same goes for the introduction music for Streets Of Rage. I
> actually do feel like crying.

*Drools*

That game was so good. The co-operative aspects were absolutely spot on, the range of moves was perfect...

Mmm, Blaze Fielding...

*Drools more*
Sun 17/07/05 at 17:04
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> I saw it in my local game shop today...
>
> Very Nearly Purchased it.

Likewise. Just don't have the money to spend on a full-priced game right now.
Sun 17/07/05 at 13:45
Regular
SR don't stock it do they?

I ordered it, can't wait.
Sun 17/07/05 at 12:36
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Yeah it's 18 rated. If you use your parent's credit card on here you can still get it, as long as they're ok with you playing an 18 rated game.
Sat 16/07/05 at 20:51
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
bah, is this an actual 18 licenced game, or can any age buy it, cus i'm only 16, and therefor was hoping to buy it off here like with resi 4
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:25
Regular
I saw it in my local game shop today...

Very Nearly Purchased it.
Sat 16/07/05 at 16:10
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Got back from hiliday (Malaga, mmm) today to find this lying waiting for me. After muchos sleepios, I cracked it open and had a go, and I have to say it's the weirdest game I've ever played, and I have Seaman.

The first level makes absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever, even though I know quite a bit about the game. There's no introduction, and everywhere you turn theres a ghost or a severed head with something bafflingly vague and ominous to say to you. The sound of the enemies laughing is horrific, especially because the jump into 1st person mode momentarily disorientates you, so a couple of times I've been blown up because I simply didn't have a clue where I was aiming.

Luckily the second level begins with some explaining, although it's still quite confusing, and I still only have a vague idea of what's going on. Shooting is fun and the multiple personalities thing is quite cool, although I tend to stick with Con because she shoots, runs and reloads fast, which is very useful. Some of the characters you'll only ever bring out because of their special moves, like Dan or Coyote, but Mask De Smith is pretty cool.

So far I'm enjoying it all, and the control isn't as bad as everyone makes out. I got to grips with it pretty quickly and although occasionally, after a long pause, I try to push the control stick to run, it's not such a big deal.
Wed 13/07/05 at 14:22
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Go and take some names in the Staff forum, see if they can't sort it out.
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:31
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
anyway back to the topic. WHY ISNT KILLER7 AVAILABLE ON SR?
Wed 13/07/05 at 11:29
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
the thing that i find sentimental is the music from starwing, and hearing peppy and co blabbering in your radio. i still love that game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.