GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killer 7"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's released in a couple of weeks over here and IGN have just reviewed the US version.

8.1 - they said it was a great experience, but with archaic controls and most definitely a case of style over gameplay. However, apparently the puzzles are decent, the shooty bits are great and there are some crazy bosses, and overall it sounds excellent. I'm definitely getting it. It's good to know that it isn't a complete failure, as it easily could have been.

Bring on the 15th.
Sat 23/07/05 at 18:12
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I love that pre-boss dance music, best bit of the game. My favourite is Con, as I've said, because he's fast fast fast. So far my least favourite enemies are the ones that fly along the ceiling. Hearing that laughter always sets me on edge, though, especially when you're in an open room and they could be coming from anywhere. *shudder*
Sat 23/07/05 at 18:04
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Finished it last neet. The ending is amazing, totally awesome. Best thing is, as soon as it was over I wanted to start it all over again!

I love this game so much, it's so wierd and unsettling. I love the control system, it just makes so much sense to have it on-rails as it makes the plot flow smoothly. Games like Silent Hill would benefit from using a similar system.

How good is the soundtrack? That little acoustic riff when you solve a puzzle. Dig that save room music, hope I can get it on CD somewhere.

The shooting is ace too, really satisfying once you get the hang of it. It's also pretty darned terrifying when you're surrounded by invisible enemies. Question: Which is you're favourite/scariest heaven smile? The ones that you have to shoot the back of that hover toward you are pretty cool (use Kevin's invinsibility to walk through them rather than trying to spin them round, little tip for you there, folks) . And also, you're favourite Smith? I'd have to say Mask de Smith or Dan, they're all cool though.

Love all the wierd stuff, that pulsating moon when you boot it up, Iwazaru the gimp on a string, that cheesy rave music when you venture toward the level boss, plus other stuff that I don't want to spoil for y'all. Best game I've played all year, easily.
Sat 23/07/05 at 17:30
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I have to confess that it is the oddest game I've played in a very long time. Gameplay wise it's pretty much House of the Dead with puzzles (weird, but clever Resi style puzzles). The storyline, clearly, is going to be fantastic once I get further in to it (so far it's just a bit of a mystery because I'm only on the 3rd level). I'd say that everyone should try it out, although I can see a lot of people not really liking it.

My only problem now, is that as well as this, I have BG&E, Metal Arms, Spiderman 2, XIII and Tiger Woods all begging to be played. Good job I've nothing else to do!
Sat 23/07/05 at 11:13
Regular
You're a Nintendo fan right? It's unique and compelling, get it.

And quite frequently disturbing.
Sat 23/07/05 at 01:20
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Games tm giving it 9/10?

Now that is saying something.
Fri 22/07/05 at 18:11
Regular
Some places sell it for little over £25... seems well worth it. I'd like to buy it but I'm not sure. Need convincing.
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Rozza1001 wrote:
> they wouldnt let me buy it in game today :(

Use your parent's credit card and buy it online.
Thu 21/07/05 at 21:28
Regular
"I got a great Idea"
they wouldnt let me buy it in game today :(
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:46
Regular
Completed the first level. So far I love it; it's overly weird, but in a good way. Even if the dead guy hanging from the ceiling in a gimp costume is maybe a little too weird.
Sun 17/07/05 at 22:54
"Tesco value"
my ex had it on her master system, (this was going back to an age when the most exciting thing to do in your girlfriends bedroom was play the computer) you could team up moves and kill in a rediculous air strike.

That and Toe jam and Earl, never quite understood the game, all I remember was farting in lifts and getting presents in a jacuzzi

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.