GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Killer 7"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/07/05 at 12:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's released in a couple of weeks over here and IGN have just reviewed the US version.

8.1 - they said it was a great experience, but with archaic controls and most definitely a case of style over gameplay. However, apparently the puzzles are decent, the shooty bits are great and there are some crazy bosses, and overall it sounds excellent. I'm definitely getting it. It's good to know that it isn't a complete failure, as it easily could have been.

Bring on the 15th.
Tue 05/07/05 at 13:47
Regular
"Divine Davine"
I see your point, however the multiplayer wasn't really that amazing, especially for a game that has been in production for a very, very long time. Sorry Rare, its not good enough.
Mon 04/07/05 at 16:11
Regular
"8==="
Which is why most of their time was spent on the new multiplayer with the old single player being just a bonus.
Mon 04/07/05 at 14:48
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Well, I found Fable thoroughly enjoyable despite its length. But they did spend over 3 years on it.....

Lionhead are a bit like Rare (or vice versa) - their productivity rate seems to just die over at their headquarters. And there wasn't any need to remake Conker.
Mon 04/07/05 at 11:32
Regular
"gsybe you!"
BUUUURNRNRNRNNNRNNNNN!!!!! FABLLELELEEE!!

*dies*
Mon 04/07/05 at 11:31
Regular
"8==="
XIII was great, an FPS with a proper story for once.

This looks good, I like these sort of odd games.

Style over gameplay? Worked for Fable.
Sun 03/07/05 at 12:02
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Tphi wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> I found XIII to be a great FPS, one of the best of this generation.
>
> I loved it. The gameplay was great and it had a nice storyline that
> kept you playing.

Not meaning to disagree with you all the time (I'm a bit of a cynical old fart anyway), but I thought XIII was far too generic in terms of the formula used throughout. Initially it was amazing, but it got a little stale.

As for Killer 7 it looks pretty top dog. I have a lot of faith in Capcom (I'm still plugging away at Viewtiful Joe) and I've seen how the game plays. Weird, linear but innovative.
Sun 03/07/05 at 02:46
Regular
"Catch it!"
gerrid wrote:
> Both PS2 and GC versions are out on the 15th.

Great im getting it then,was like at screenshots and reading a review of it in playstation official today,they gave it 8/10 in that and 9/10 for the graphics I think it looks great. Capcom have really put some thought into this game this time.
Sun 03/07/05 at 00:32
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Edgy wrote:
> I found XIII to be a great FPS, one of the best of this generation.

I loved it. The gameplay was great and it had a nice storyline that kept you playing.
Sat 02/07/05 at 20:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Chr1s wrote:
> gerrid wrote:
> >most definitely a case of style over gameplay.
>
> That's kind of the way I thought it would turn out. Looking at the
> screenshots I find it hard to visualise any type of gameplay, which
> isn't really a very good sign.
>

Hahahahahhaha, I love pseudo-brains.
Sat 02/07/05 at 18:12
Regular
I found XIII to be a great FPS, one of the best of this generation.

It was like Serious Sam, but fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.