GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP query..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?
Thu 21/07/05 at 18:29
Regular
Errr, well we won't know if you can play wi-fi with US<->UK machines, but you can play online games here in the UK. I have Twisted Metal which I used to play online. It's obviously laggy, since everyone else is in the States, but it works.
Thu 21/07/05 at 17:35
Regular
"Mozzy"
Sorry, I have no idea. But i'd have thought it would work. Bullett probably knows.
Thu 21/07/05 at 16:06
Regular
"es argh"
Know anything about the online wi-fi multiplayer balls that I know nothing of?

edit: in regards to US PSP's working in UK
Thu 21/07/05 at 15:52
Regular
"Mozzy"
Yeh, 1.51 and 1.52 emulators wont work on. But with 1.00 and 1.50 they work fine.

But 1.52 and 1.51 will soon be able to play emulators, we just have to wait for the hacker people to hack into the system etc etc etc.

I dont know much, so i'll shut up now.
Thu 21/07/05 at 14:36
Regular
"es argh"
Oh, and I hear new US PSP's have 1.51 something or other, and the, ahem, emulators and whatnot are only done for 1.5 or something.

Anyone care to explain?
Thu 21/07/05 at 14:13
Regular
"es argh"
Sorry to be a twunt and ask questions that have most likely been answered many times.

I'm off to the US in a couple of weeks and was thinking of getting a PSP over there, basically, how will this linmit my PSPing over here?

I'm assuming I wont be able to play net multi player or whatever from the original post. But anything else?
Tue 19/07/05 at 14:08
Regular
Nah, once you download all 4 Gamma tracks, they get added into each of the difficulty classes as a Gamma tournament, alongside Alpha and Beta. Once you finish all of those, you get Descension, within the classes remember.

The only class name I can remmeber off the top of my head is Venom, so it would be inside Venom etc.
Sun 17/07/05 at 10:21
Regular
"Mozzy"
So when I finish the Phantom Tournament, a Gamma tournament will unlock? And then another tournamnet after that?!

Wow, I thought I almost completed the game...
Sun 17/07/05 at 03:14
Regular
The Gamma packs will make a new tournament, the Gamma tournament, funnily enough, but also another tournament called descension, which will be all 12 tracks from Alpha, Beta and Gamma.

The next set of packs begins on August 1st, that's called Classic 2, should be good if this keeps up for a while.

I got lumines yesterday, absolute classic, everyone needs to own that game :D.
Sat 16/07/05 at 18:08
Regular
"Mozzy"
I've heard good things about MC3 for the PSP. In fact, the only bad thing i've heard is the loading times are quite long.

But apparently they have managed to put everything from the console versions onto the PSP version which is quite impressive.

Havne't heard of Coded Arms.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.