GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP query..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?
Wed 22/06/05 at 22:34
Regular
"lets go back"
Mozzy wrote:

> Or do what my dad done and get a TV screen built in your BMW X5. :)
>
>

You cant watch while driving. And I dont mean because you're looking at the road, I mean because the screen goes blue when the car moves. Or at least it should, maybe you've had yours re-wired.
Tue 21/06/05 at 10:56
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
Just jeep the Jap one at 100 quid. That's a proper bargain.

Chances are that UK movies will play on it anyway... Japan are the same DVD region as us (2).
Mon 20/06/05 at 17:46
Regular
"Ruddie1"
I have a Jap launch PSP and mine never got charged import tax no dead pixels and the bat is fine. My mate also has a Jap PSP with no problems. So if i was you i would keep the one you have but its upto you.
Mon 20/06/05 at 16:00
"cheerios"
Mozzy wrote:
> BTW, where can you get one for £100?

Well I bought it off Ebay and I'm wondering whether to sell it for high extortionate prices or not... :)
Mon 20/06/05 at 15:41
Regular
"Mozzy"
Geffdof wrote:
> Chances are you'll only want a couple of UMD films anyway for when you
> are a passenger on a long coach journey or something. Go for the US
> one and if you want a film import that too. Or be smart and buy all
> your films on DVD and watch them at home.

Or do what my dad done and get a TV screen built in your BMW X5. :)

BTW, where can you get one for £100?
Mon 20/06/05 at 12:50
Regular
"lets go back"
Chances are you'll only want a couple of UMD films anyway for when you are a passenger on a long coach journey or something. Go for the US one and if you want a film import that too. Or be smart and buy all your films on DVD and watch them at home.
Mon 20/06/05 at 07:09
Regular
Games will be region-free in both single and multiplayer. It's only the UMD Movies that will be region coded.

Personally I'd go for a US one (I did!), it's just my preference though. I've had many bad experiences buying from Asia, what with customs charges and sellers not marking the items down. Companies like Videogamesplus.ca or Importmadness.com ALWAYS mark the items down. I haven't paid customs on anything bought from US/Canada, at all.

So what if the US PSP won't play UK UMD movies - they're chep enough in the States anyway - even with postage.

Then there's the whole dead-pixel thing. The US ones are apparently fitted with higher quality screens and batteries, from Samsung instead of whoever supplied them before. I can't confim all that stuff though. I didn't get any dead pixels - neither did anyone else I know who grabbed a US one.

So yeah, go for a US one, unless someone can provide a POV on Jap ones.
Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.