GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PSP query..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 19/06/05 at 23:45
"cheerios"
Is it more worth it to get a Japanese PSP or an American one? I know the games all region free but it's mainly a UMD movie factor. I can't decide whether to get a Japanese PSP for extremely cheap (£100 with a game) or an American one for the USA's regular price. Should I sacrifice the ability of being able to play multi player games with people when they get their european games over the cost?
Fri 22/07/05 at 22:15
Regular
"Mozzy"
Dringo wrote:
> To be fair both the new handhelds suck. Stick with the GBA. There's a
> quality system.

They both suck? Okay then, thanks for letting me know you obviously haven't played a PSP.

Oh and in about a months time you will be able to play all GBA games on the PSP, you can already play SNES games, SEGA Megadrive, Genesis, GameGear etc etc.

Please tell me why you think the PSP sucks?
Fri 22/07/05 at 20:34
Regular
"es argh"
The PSP does look the dogs with all of the homebrew stuff and whatnot.

Plus most of the yanks seem to be amazed by it.

Gah, I want one now, noes, if only the pound wasn't falling against the dollar. Should've cashed in when the pound was almost double the dollar.
Fri 22/07/05 at 18:15
Regular
Actually the first thing i put was just PS2... I later changed it to feature all systems.

To be fair both the new handhelds suck. Stick with the GBA. There's a quality system.
Fri 22/07/05 at 17:47
Regular
"Mozzy"
Dringo wrote:
> So do PS2/X-box and Gamecube games and they aint £35.

Why didn't you do 'PS2/Xbox/Cube' instead of 'PS2/Xbox and Gamecube'?

FANBOY!

:P
Fri 22/07/05 at 16:43
Regular
So do PS2/X-box and Gamecube games and they aint £35. DS games are bound to drop in price in time for the PSP launch anyway,

Anyway they only last longer than 2 hours if you have the plug adapter, otherwise the battery will just run out :)
Fri 22/07/05 at 14:47
"period drama"
PSP games probably last longer than 2 hours, though.
Fri 22/07/05 at 14:41
Regular
£35 for new PSP games? And I thought the DS was a rip off.
Fri 22/07/05 at 01:51
Regular
"es argh"
Well that should all be oley dokes.

I'll only be picking up wipeout and lumines in America most likely.

All other gameswill probably be UK ones.

Ta for the answer and whatnot
Thu 21/07/05 at 23:35
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Badgerman wrote:
> Know anything about the online wi-fi multiplayer balls that I know
> nothing of?
>
> edit: in regards to US PSP's working in UK

Yes US online multiplayer does work here. US-UK PSP multiplayer also will work, the catch is that you need the same version of the game. So if you have a US PSP and your mate has a UK one, if you want to say play Ridge Racer you both need to have the US or UK version. So if you have the US version and he has the UK version it will not work.
Thu 21/07/05 at 20:52
Regular
"es argh"
Ta Bullett, I added you on MSN, yet my questions have already been answered.

Oh well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.